• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I merely asked where the profits are going seeing the competitor numbers grow each year, but the prizes keep reducing.

This just rallied up a bunch of people trying to suck up (to ironically win) and say that prizes aren't important to them. I was making the point that whether you care about prizes or not, the facts are that less funding is being spent on competitors. This just got the coaches to get out their violins and say how the challenge isn't about prizes. Classic losing argument tactic of changing the topic.

Let's face it, everyone is doing it with some hope of winning. I too thought the prize wwas crap but just giving it a go for personal achievements. I'm disappointed because my cardio is limited from knee issues, however if the prize was something like Bill Phillips in body for life, I would endure my knee pain and give it 1000 percent.

I merely asked where the profits are going seeing the competitor numbers grow each year, but the prizes keep reducing.

This just rallied up a bunch of people trying to suck up (to ironically win) and say that prizes aren't important to them. I was making the point that whether you care about prizes or not, the facts are that less funding is being spent on competitors. This just got the coaches to get out their violins and say how the challenge isn't about prizes. Classic losing argument tactic of changing the topic.

where are the profits going ? simple to answer that question , they are going into someone's pocket , after all maxs challenge is a business not unicef , they only have one thing in mind

I was just making the point to them that the level of service, plans, coaches and support hasn't changed in the last 4 years, but each year the prizes and rewards get smaller. It would be fine if this was reflected in say discounts on supps for competitors.

Either way, the challenge is still great in terms of info and community, it's just a shame they are pinching pennies.

They really should give discounts even if small to people that continue with the challenge and are using the supps. I am sure the mark up is something fierce already.
Where are you finding all the good info on the site? The forums? Because most times I have been on there it is full of retarded comments most times and reminds me why I stay away, maybe I am just looking in the wrong area

By good info I mean the basic nutritional and training plans. They are newbie based, but they cover all the basics without any fluff. Well compared to other similar challenges I've done.

This year I'm not as I'm not really lean enough to make use of water depleting and sodium/carb loading.

This is what I did last year and it worked well. The real challenge came when it was time to carb load and not go overboard.
carb-plan_1412725963-8481.jpg

I did at the end of the 12 week challenge I did and I was still pretty far, did make a noticeable difference though

I haven't really ventured down the path before but might give it a crack. My only issue is basketball on tuesday and thursday but shouldn't be too bad.

Nuh. If anything it will help carb deplete. You'll probably feel pretty sluggish and hating life by the Thursday game though.

Btw, in the above road map to the last week, that's assuming you're taking the photos Sunday morning. If you're planning on taking the photos later in the day. Start carb loading later to reflect that.

Last edited:
No worries, thanks mate. Any other tips, I am willing to listen as well.
Yeah I will prepare to be a grumpy kunt that week hahaha

Not really. I think you've got everything in order, diet and cardio wise. Maybe practice a bit with where you plan on taking the photos (adjust lighting).

It may not hurt to take your photos twice and see which ones you like better. Take some as you finish carb depleting (Friday) and then some again after carb loading (Sunday). Some people said they looked better on the Monday after a cheat meal.

I went 2 years ago when it was like $70 a ticket and made it a weekend holiday in Melbourne. For $110 a ticket, screw that.

It was ok, free food and some drinks. I guess it's more exciting if you're in the running to win it.