• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Talking about our food choices with family/friends/others can be difficult. What are your methods of talking about food choices when others ask you questions? Any tips on how to discuss this with family members insistent on giving you advice?

Start with reducing small things first, such as amount of soft drink, how much peanut butter you smoother on your morning toast, the 4 cups of coffee a day with a cup of milk in each

I try to avoid giving advise, coz a I dont think I know enough to be giving advise but more importantly I couldn't be bothered going into the little detail knowledge I do have when in 99% of cases it goes in one ear and out the other, or they shake their heads in agreement and say they'll look into it and then nothing ever changes, so why should I bother.

I myself lost 25kg, I get a lot of comments and questions about diet/exercise regime, etc.
It's simple enough, you know what's good and bad food, it less of the bad, more of the good.
Don't starve yourself, it's a process, but keep a eye on your body and notice the changes.

Move more, yes. Cutting out sugar, no, terrible advise.

Terrible advice? It's stupid statements like that why no one listens to you.

Why should people be spiking insulin in a rested state and consuming empty calories?

sugar is a fairly broad term.

Should I stop drinking milk?

Cant eat fruit anymore?

What I think you're trying to say is ADDED sugars, not naturally occurring in whole foods.

Take home message that they can comprehend; cut out sugar and move more.

Cutting out sugar is not a good take home message as most respond differently to exercise, the same goes for diet.

"moving more" is also not necessarily a good blanket statement either.

becoming ones own expert is sage advise, adjusting food portion sizes if one is fat.
adding a weight lifting program if one is skinny fat, weak or inflexible.

sugar is a fairly broad term.

Should I stop drinking milk?

Cant eat fruit anymore?

What I think you're trying to say is ADDED sugars, not naturally occurring in whole foods.

Depends on your goals. Avoiding added sugar is a no brainer. If your goal is fat loss, then yes, you should be cutting out milk and fruit.

Depends on your goals. Avoiding added sugar is a no brainer. If your goal is fat loss, then yes, you should be cutting out milk and fruit.

So you are now stating to not only "cut out" sugar but also milk and fruit now?

and please elucidate on *goals*

Right there, in the last post. You must just pick and choose, and ignore other words to make up your interpretation of comments.

haha .. so many retards.
hang in there @steveP;

It's no surprise serious competitors of bodybuilding and powerlifting don't stick around here. It's just a constant stream of shooting down any tips or advice until the thread turns into a shit fight and no one knows what we're arguing about anymore.

It's funny that the biggest self appointed experts on everything don't actually have anything to show for it or even practice what they preach.

lol, I cannot help myself Steve you write such vague comments, I like clarity.
You need to remember that if you come into a ring swinging punches expect a few back, but yeah hang in there, all of us hacks will soon be gone too.

This WAS a thread about basic nutritional tips to give family and friends that don't really know anything, and are likely not to listen to anything fitness related.

So you're not going to win them over giving them a detailed diet plan about macros and portion sizes. They may take in 1 or 2 key points they can relate to. And that's exactly the answer I gave. Do you really think anyone looking for advice found anything from the ramblings over semantics by the usuals here?