• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thanks again for the advice, Fadi. There is now mention of lawsuits and defamation by the admin here, which, to be polite, is nonsense (my son is a lawyer and I know all about Australian defamation law). The description I gave of the delivery and the photos were all entirely factual. If someone sues you for defamation, knowing there is no defamation, it is known as frivolous litigation, and the courts take a VERY dim view of it. In law, frivolous litigation is the practice of starting or carrying on lawsuits that, due to their lack of legal merit, have little to no chance of being won. Such litigants are known as "vexatious". Vexatious litigation is legal action which is brought, regardless of its merits, solely to harass or subdue an adversary. It may take the form of a primary frivolous lawsuit or may be the repetitive, burdensome, and unwarranted filing of meritless motions in a matter which is otherwise a meritorious cause of action.

Should Gym Direct engage in this behaviour, they open themselves up to hefty penalities in the Australian courts. I'm sure their lawyers will be quick to advise them of this.

Bottom line, the admin here should have stood his ground.

Back to the matter in hand, I have written to Gym Direct again, for the third time, on this issue, and still received no response. Because several other people here have mentioned that bars sent by Gym Direct were badly packed (check old posts here for verification), I wrote to them even before they sent me the package, and requested that the bars be properly and securely packaged, and I was assured they would be ... but they were not. I have suggested that they supply me with a properly packaged bar, and when I am happy, I will return the damaged bar to them at their expense. If this is not acceptable, my deleted message will appear in numerous places elsewhere on the 'net. I will not be bullied or intimidated.
I'd like to make a suggestion if I may please Sir. May I suggest you call instead of write this time (as you've written three times already), and tell the person on the line that you'll be coming over with the damaged bar and would like a replacement ready to take away. I'm assuming you reside in Sydney, otherwise my suggestion wouldn't really apply.

My aim here is to see a satisfied outcome for all involved. I believe we're all mature enough here, and Gym Direct is professional enough to deal with this matter amicably. No one wishes for anyone to be wrongly done by, irrespective of who that party may be.

I'm optimistic all will be resolved sooner than you think Sir.

Bottom line, the admin here should have stood his ground.

i run this site on the side , it is not my main job , and i am sorry i don't need the stress or hassle of defamation brought upon me , your thread is not the first one to be deleted and it wont be the last , if you have any problems , take it up with the company and don't bring it to the forum

Thanks again for the advice, Fadi. There is now mention of lawsuits and defamation by the admin here, which, to be polite, is nonsense (my son is a lawyer and I know all about Australian defamation law).
your son may well be a lawyer , but would he be willing to represent me bro bono if things were to end up in the courts? keep in mind that if things did up end up that far and it was tossed out , i still need to pay for legal representation , take time off from my day job , all with the added stress and hassle

so you see it is a lot easier for me to get rid of vendor verdicts rather then to deal with the fall out

take it up with the company , don't deal with emails , go in person

end of discussion , back onto the topic of

Vendor verdicts? I think you mean "edicts".

Anyway, just to show my case is not unique by any means, I've dug this up:

chaserface said:
Well I was looking forward to trying out my Muscle Motion barbell today, and giving you all a review. 2 week wait for stock to arrive at GymDirect, and just over a week for delivery. Was it worth the wait? It "arrived" today.... The cardboard tube was torn/squashed, and the barbell half sticking out. ... I bought shock absorbers (more fragile) recently from the USA in thinner cardboard boxes, and they arrived in far better condition.

Later on he says "So uh, sent back the MM barbell that [was] partially destroyed in transit, 15 business days ago. Still no refund from gym direct"

And there are more reports like this; I just have to find them again.... even in my deleted thread, someone (Timeah?) mentioned he had had a similar experience.

Last edited:
In this day and age (which I'm not very fond of when it comes to communication), a hell of a lot is very much lost in transit. The written word can do a lot, but can never match the verbal communication and the true tone of someone's voice. Hence, I suggested a call to the party involved in addition to some written words. It never hurts to get a real and true feeling of what the other person's message is aiming to convey to us.

I wonder if Gym Direct is aware of what is being or has been written about their service on Ausbb. I'm not suggesting they have a good or bad service, but am simply wondering if they (being one of Ausbb's sponsors), would be aware of what's being written here.

Graeme, have you ever called or emailed Gym Direct to inform them of what some members are saying here concerning them? I think you'd be doing them a great service if you did, not to mention achieving or reaching a much quicker resolution to a problem for all involved parties.

Hello Pappy O'Daniels,

I was just made aware of this issue and have now replied to your email. I will get this sorted out for you ASAP!

Kindest Regards

Aimee :)

Last edited:
That didn't seem too hard, now lets stop whining get back to talking about home gyms and getting swole !!! ;-)

Hello Pappy O'Daniels,

I was just made aware of this issue and have now replied to your email. I will get this sorted out for you ASAP!

Kindest Regards

Aimee :)
Thank you Aimee, I said I was optimistic of a positive resolution to this slight mishap..., and you my dear lady did not let me down :)

Thanks again Aimee. I'll be purchasing that same bar from your company soon..., I may come by and pick it up as I've done with my other purchases from your company in the past.

Thanks [MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION] you're welcome! Please let me know if you need any assistance when making your purchase :)

I am not on the forum very often so feel free to email me directly aimee@gymdirect.com.au or call the office on 1300 488 866

Have a great weekend!

Sponsorship of social media seems to give a vendor a right to control conversation.

I've personally been involved in a similar situation where the agitated vendor was not a sponsor, nor a member, but still managed to cause a lot of trouble for a forum owner and a handful of it's members.

This isn't the only forum it happens to and unless you're hosted offshore in a country that doesn't recognise Australian Defamation Law then as the owner Admin is essentially liable for everything posted, there was talk a while ago of pushing the responsibility onto the end poster but Admin would still be liable for identifying the poster and if someone with proper malicious intent were to use a VPN/proxy, how the hell is he supposed to do that?

There is a distinct difference between posting bad feedback with fact as opposed to generalised fuckwittery but again, unless you blokes are going to front the cash to fight it then the only thing the owner of the forum can do is pull threads that may expose him to harm.

I didn't say it was reasonable, just that I understand his position as much as the guy who posted it.

Pappy, you need to squat and deadlift. Not despite your herniated discs, but because of them. Don't be a curlbro, leave that to the 20 year olds.

I wouldn't be doing cleans at this stage. Nor would I start with deadlifts, were I training you. We'd start with high box squats and rack pulls, and gradually build up the weight, then drop the weight and increase the range of motion, and so on. And then some weeks later you'd be squatting below parallel and pulling from the floor.

There is a level at which you can start.