• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the cattle can't get sufficient nutrients from the grass perhaps they're being over milked? When they're fed substantial amounts of unnatural feed they can require antibiotics and hormones to keep them "healthy". Not to mention the blood, puss, faeces and urine that exist in large scale dairies' milk, hence the need for pasteurisation.

Back in the real world, none of what you said there is close to the truth. But hey what ever makes you feel good. Like I said stop getting your information from bullshit websites.

Grass fed cows and cows from family farms must be great not having to shit or piss like those dirty large corporate farm cows.

Last edited:
I will also add there is data showing the larger farms on average use less antibiotics per until of product produced than smaller farms. So that already stuffs up part of your feel good argument there.

Is pasteurisation not necessary to kill potentially harmful bacteria which may be transmitted from the animal via the milk, rather than because of outside contamination?

Last edited:
Is pasteurisation not necessary to kill potentially harmful bacteria which may be transmitted from the animal via the milk, not because of outside contamination?

Both. Milk collected from any cow no matter large farm or from old Gran and Pa's couple of cows no matter how clean is not a sterile process. And if you have a look at a cow the udder is almost comically placed underneath where they shit and piss from.

Some diseases that are common to cows often without even showing the disease are passed from the cow through the milk.

just had a nice piece of salmon and some steamed veggies,'dont generally have much fiah but the occassional piece of slamon is quite enjoyable

Having the folks over for dinner, doing sort of a tapas style affair... Macadamia crusted barramundi, harrisa spiced lamb cutlets, dukkah crusted pork loin with root vege salad, avocado and mango spinach salad and an Asian slaw. Mango cheesecake for dessert

Having the folks over for dinner, doing sort of a tapas style affair... Macadamia crusted barramundi, harrisa spiced lamb cutlets, dukkah crusted pork loin with root vege salad, avocado and mango spinach salad and an Asian slaw. Mango cheesecake for dessert
In for leftovers.

I will also add there is data showing the larger farms on average use less antibiotics per until of product produced than smaller farms. So that already stuffs up part of your feel good argument there.
Don't be afraid to share any of this data.

In the meantime I hope enjoy the homogenised crap you're defending, means more grass fed dairy for me ;).

Don't be afraid to share any of this data.

In the meantime I hope enjoy the homogenised crap you're defending, means more grass fed dairy for me ;).

Did you not see the pic I put up? Plenty of grass in that pic. If any thing I should be biased towards grass fed family farms but I don't like letting feelings get in the way what is the actual case, it does no good in the long run.

I read one of the links you put up by the biodynamic farm. One of the advertising pitches was they use no antibiotics. That's great but no farm can sell milk from cows that are within an antibiotic milk withhold period anyway. Also what about a sick animal, no matter what they say everyone has sick animals as some point, just like the healthiest people can get sick so will animals. Will they put a picture up of the animal the let slowly die from an easily treatable disease because they want to boast about not using antibiotics.

All your argument is "I hope you enjoy the homoginised crap". What is that? Can't you come up with an actual factual argument to defend your position? Your just basing your arguments on incorrect jargon by people with an agenda.

How many factory farms have you stepped foot in to see these evil people only after profits and how farms are run?You want to know something, a critical factor in making profits in dairying is having healthy cows, there is no way around it, antibiotics can't be used to make up for it. These evil factory farms know this and make cow health a priority often employing qualified vets full time to keep a constant eye on the health of animals. How dare they.

Did you not see the pic I put up? Plenty of grass in that pic. If any thing I should be biased towards grass fed family farms but I don't like letting feelings get in the way what is the actual case, it does no good in the long run.

I read one of the links you put up by the biodynamic farm. One of the advertising pitches was they use no antibiotics. That's great but no farm can sell milk from cows that are within an antibiotic milk withhold period anyway. Also what about a sick animal, no matter what they say everyone has sick animals as some point, just like the healthiest people can get sick so will animals. Will they put a picture up of the animal the let slowly die from an easily treatable disease because they want to boast about not using antibiotics.

All your argument is "I hope you enjoy the homoginised crap". What is that? Can't you come up with an actual factual argument to defend your position? Your just basing your arguments on incorrect jargon by people with an agenda.

How many factory farms have you stepped foot in to see these evil people only after profits and how farms are run?You want to know something, a critical factor in making profits in dairying is having healthy cows, there is no way around it, antibiotics can't be used to make up for it. These evil factory farms know this and make cow health a priority often employing qualified vets full time to keep a constant eye on the health of animals. How dare they.
  1. I notice you carefully avoided my point about posting up any references to small farms using more antibiotics than large farms
  2. Obviously the "no antibiotics" on the farm means they don't sell milk from cows being treated with antibiotics. I'm sure they wouldn't let one of their cattle die of a simple infection
  3. BD farms produce unhomoginised milk, all the milk you're defending isn't. I was simply pointing out the difference
  4. I have visited a farm where they bragged about receiving out of date and misshapen chocolate bars from a nearby confectionary factory. Hardly natural cattle feed.

Last edited:
  1. I notice you carefully avoided my point about posting up any references to small farms using more antibiotics than large farms
  2. Obviously the "no antibiotics" on the farm means they don't sell milk from cows being treated with antibiotics. I'm sure they wouldn't let one of their cattle die of a simple infection
  3. BD farms produce unhomoginised milk, all the milk you're defending isn't. I was simply pointing out the difference
  4. I have visited a farm where they bragged about receiving out of date and misshapen chocolate bars from a nearby confectionary factory. Hardly natural cattle feed.

1. I am yet to see any of your references either. All you do is regurgitate totally incorrect information clearly from web sites with an agenda. Give me time and I'll find them. You also haven't stated how many corporate farms you have visited to come to your conclusions either.

2. Does it. If that's the case then it is the same with every farm then. No farm is allowed to sell milk under antibiotic withhold. Milk gets tested daily. Often those organic and biodynamic type farms claim they don't use antibiotics ever. If they are not lying it means they are needlessly letting animals die. How is this better than the evil farms that treat sick animals with antibiotics.

You also know in Aus no farm can use growth hormones to increase production, I see you incorrectly mentioned something about that earlier.

3. Unhomogonised. So what?

4. So you are using what the tiny minority do and trying use that as your argument, probably not even 1% of farms feed that.

In any case if things like chocolate are fed, which not many farms do have access to anyway, can only make up a tiny percent of the diet would be less than 5%. I bet you are thinking they have the cows eating a majority of their diet as chocolate bars.

Yeah buddy that's exactly what I'm thinking

To my post that's what you reply with?

This started off with you claiming research bias due to pharma and grain corporation money when the info you are reading clearly is some of the most untrue biased stuff going around.

To my post that's what you reply with?
Yeah, because I'm sick of trying to have a discussion with someone who's loose jimmies are spewing forth with every post and who seems more intent on putting words in my mouth or imagining what I'm thinking than actually making any sense.
This started off with you claiming research bias due to pharma and grain corporation money when the info you are reading clearly is some of the most untrue biased stuff going around.
Yeah I'm sure BD Farms are primed to take over National Foods once this LCHF/Keto thing really kicks off.

Yeah, because I'm sick of trying to have a discussion with someone who's loose jimmies are spewing forth with every post and who seems more intent on putting words in my mouth or imagining what I'm thinking than actually making any sense.

Yeah I'm sure BD Farms are primed to take over National Foods once this LCHF/Keto thing really kicks off.

I didn't put words in your mouth you just regurgitated up incorrect information from the websites you visited.

People don't need to want to take over large corporations to have a bias and want to make some money by stretching the truth in their favor. Take the farm you mentioned for example I mean they suckered you in with it. That makes them more money.

Any other questions on dairy I'll happily answer then if I can.

Regarding point no.4 - maybe they are just doing this to try and produce chocolate milk?

Status
Not open for further replies.