• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Mick just chuck small plate or a bit of timber - say 10mm thick - under the first plate you chuck on. Easy as.

Tim.

Damn, so simple, I feel like an idiot now that I been struggling all these years, and just finished dead lifting too....

Well there is always next time, and I will have my timber ready:)

I can vouch for Iron Edge's jack; $85, awesome little piece of kit.

Barbell-Jack-main-01.jpg

another vote for the Iron edge jack. MUCH easier than putting a small plate under, speeds up deadlift day to allow more time lifting and less time loading

I brought one of them as well, great item

my new home gym is largely together, I might try to squeeze a lat pulldown/low row in there, but its otherwise complete

v654ie.jpg

2rm1nys.jpg

2e4c20x.jpg

I brought one of them as well, great item

my new home gym is largely together, I might try to squeeze a lat pulldown/low row in there, but its otherwise complete

v654ie.jpg

2rm1nys.jpg

2e4c20x.jpg

The lever squat is great, although ive added some friction tape to the footplate to give me more confidence I wont slip. Heavy calf raises do require a 1/4 squat or so to get the lever up into position

its a decent peice of equipment though, ill let you know in a few montha how it holds up

The lever squat is great, although ive added some friction tape to the footplate to give me more confidence I wont slip. Heavy calf raises do require a 1/4 squat or so to get the lever up into position

its a decent peice of equipment though, ill let you know in a few montha how it holds up

How does it feel compared to a regular barbell squat, pros, cons?

Its not quite like a barbell squat, I can go pretty deep and feel it well in my quads glutes and hamstrings, but its not really the same movement pattern as I essentially lean back into the pads....

god for body buikding id think, probably not for powerlifting

Its not quite like a barbell squat, I can go pretty deep and feel it well in my quads glutes and hamstrings, but its not really the same movement pattern as I essentially lean back into the pads....

god for body buikding id think, probably not for powerlifting

Charging for entry?

:) I should, it cost a bit in the end and I'm still planning on a lat pulldown/low row (probably the body solid(, seated calf (prob force usa) and i'd love to fit a Smith machine in, but i really can't find anywhere to put it :)

(a lying leg curl would be nice too)

Have a force usa seated calf raise. Im 6"2' and only just fit under it. Otherwise its a good piece of equipment and can be had for a reasonable price.