• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Awesome setup man, jealous. How have the Hellion bumpers held up? I'm considering getting the v2 for strength work and some C&J etc, would you recommend them?
I've had them for nearly twelve months now, and haven't had the tiniest of issues with them. From the get go, I was impressed with the quality of manufacture, especially considering what I picked mine up for (just as they were releasing 2.0). They appear to be very good copies of the Pendlay plates - and after nearly a year, they are still looking as good as they day I got them.

Tolerance on the collar is exact what you want, consistent and virtually no 'wiggle'. Rubber is ever so slightly wider than the stainless centre, so they 'lock in' very well. As a result, they work well for any explosive lifting, and stack well for jumping.

If the 2.0s are anything like mine, they are well worth the cost.

Gym has been delivered:

That's where it's going:

Was supposed to be done by now, but appears the guy putting it up got busy before Christmas, might still get done, will see.

Not a farmer, we just live in a rural setting on acreage, I could not live in the city where I can hear my neighbour have a wank.

Been using weights since I was 15, most of my stuff is stored in a shed at the moment waiting for the gym to be build, some of the basic stuff is sitting on my back verandah where I can still do some training, we are in a rented house waiting to move onto our property next year once house is complete and gym is build.

Posted these photos up before in this thread I think.

Gym has been delivered:

That's where it's going:

Was supposed to be done by now, but appears the guy putting it up got busy before Christmas, might still get done, will see.

Oh my God, that's beautiful Mick. Is that the size that your Gym is going to be? It's so big! You must take your training very serious!

Not a lot of progress made since October [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; is the Contractor a mate on mate's rates?

Still, should be great once it's done. Good size and great area?

Not a lot of progress made since October @Big Mick; is the Contractor a mate on mate's rates?

Still, should be great once it's done. Good size and great area?

Price is fair, but not mates rates, just have to wait in line, ie first person to order then next etc, so when it's my turn it wont really take long to put up.

Was supposed to be done at the end of this year, but looks like it might be early next year now, no hurry really, as I won't be living there for a few more months yet anyway.

Here's my underhouse gym setup - pretty happy with it now, can cover off a pretty comprehensive list of exercises.

Revolution half rack
Powertec Levergym
Flat Bench

Oly Bar
90kg bumpers
~200kg of Oly plates
Oly EZ Curl and DB handles
Hex DBs 7.5-15kg and some round 20's
Kettlebells
20161222_210557.jpg
20161222_210602.jpg
20161222_210607.jpg

Got a call today, construction on my shed/gym started this morning. Hopefully all done next week!!!

Got a call today, construction on my shed/gym started this morning. Hopefully all done next week!!!
Good news Mick!

Most of mine is half setup...still finishing off some unpacking, just waiting on some joinery in the house, then the garage will take its proper shape!

Got some plate racking on the way, and also will be bolting the rack down. Also grabbed another Sonos Unit for tunes. And putting up my old 32" tv also.

Tim.