• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I do.

Had a massive chunder training legs friday,

doing single leg pressing , my mate throws the challenge out for the 4th set.. 100reps..got to 88 I think then it was end game.

I do.

doing single leg pressing , my mate throws the challenge out for the 4th set.. 100reps..got to 88 I think then it was end game.

Well i was shocked when he said it so u could be right, it makes a bit of sense to me considering the stress rugby players shoulders would be under.

I dont believe he would lie to me for the sake of it.

I dont think he would lie on purpose but many, not all, physios have it out for barbell weight training. He could be spot on but i am always wary of some physios advise. You often hear the blanket statements from them that squats blow out your knees and deadlifts stuff you back. Maybe get a second opinion.

An entire FAMILY of young chinese kids come in and sit on the benches, pick up the ladies 3 kg dumbbells, and all of them go back and forth passing them between each other while doing multiple reps of terrible form bicep curls. And talking and laughing at each other the whole time. The fattest of the bunch is acting as trainer to the skinniest boy - teaching him horrible form, cheating every rep, and doing what seemed like 100+ rep sets.

Then all de-camp into the boxing/aerobics room and lie about on the mats, doing strange stretches they seemed to be making up.

then all leave.

LMAO, love it...:p:p

I do.

did you do the chunder dragon?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIR314oapUw]CHUNDER DRAGON!!!!!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

chunder dragon!!!

ill add something to this thread i saw last week -

So i was doing leg press, some guy preacher curling behind me, then some very skinny kid who i always see at the gym just chatting away, comes up and starts talking to him, im like 2m away listening to his crap how he took double shots or whatever and blah blah hes cool ect ect, trying to sound hardcore.. cool story bro.

Some guy benching 110kg for reps.. all way down, but doesn't even look like he lifts one bit? Ok sure some people's goal are strength, but he should look somewhat like he lifts if hes repping 110kg.

People looking at me when doing dumbbell snatches, yes im doing an exercise that not many people do.. so what stop staring lol

On another note he said he knows that the wallabies only bench to within to fists distance from there chests which pretty far away.

I can pretty much rule that out as bullshit

A: I have seen the Aus Sevens team train, while they're not the greatest Benchers you will ever see, they all bounce the bar of their chest

B: Any second year sport science student will be able to explain the amount of reversal load that places on the included joints

Not strictly at the gym but was talking to a bloke and the conversation moved to lifting. As usual the how much you bench comes up.

Well apparently this guy has a mate who benches 550KG

Raw

For reps

easily

and he could do more if he got on the juice.

Fucking LOL.

Man some people are fucking idiots.

u would think so but he said he had no problems at all as long as im not touching my chest.

I have unstable shoulders u see(we are working on that) and am quite tall and long limbed so apparently there is a lot more torque(sp?) on my shoulders then shorter people. This combined lead to a painful injury.

Anyway ive gotta see him again but i got the impression that i will be benching like this for a long time.

On another note he said he knows that the wallabies only bench to within to fists distance from there chests which pretty far away.

Most physios are complete shit, and as some people have mentioned, have it out for bodybuilders / powerlifters, or just lifting weights in general. Which I find ridiculous, considering that if everyone lifted weights (properly and with good form), they would probably be out of a job.....

Well my experience with physios is limited to the one visit so wouldnt really know, i didnt get that impression and he seemed to know a bit about it but i guess we are all human.

On another note i saw a guy doing 1 arm db rows with the worst form ever, he was doing them on and incline bench with massive curved spine. It fucking hurt my back to look at, i wanted to say something but held my tongue.

Last edited:
How about this. Decline press on a flat bench.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReDrTmfUGaY]WORST BENCH PRESS EVER. - YouTube[/ame]

seen that one a few times...saw one guy fall off the bench once. I did nothing but laugh...
couldnt help it! He was okay though.

plenty of youngin's benching with feet up...? and going for pb's doing it.

My brothers just about graduated from physiotheraphy.. wooh free physio sessions. Hes my lifting partner most of the time when hes not busy from uni.

Haha, thats funny I love it!

Not sure if this has been posted before, but when ever I need a real laugh I watch this, it puts me in stitches:D:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z69JBYduL1c]Dinosaur Training - YouTube[/ame]

Even some of the people around him, like the bloke doing incline sit ups in the fore ground at about 38 seconds, moves about 2 inches pulling himself up with his hands.....how about do them on the ground first if you can't do inclines...

Last edited:
b2b85031-b07a-4ddc-9257-f5573690c956.jpg

When I was doing something in the cage this guy walked up to the bench then jumped onto the step where the spotter goes.

I finished my set then was like "this gon be good" and watched him take the bar off the bench stands and start curling it xD. But it kept hitting the bench and clanking and shit on every rep lmao. Eventually he went to the other side of the bench and took it off that way

Haha, thats funny I love it!

Not sure if this has been posted before, but when ever I need a real laugh I watch this, it puts me in stitches:D:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z69JBYduL1c]Dinosaur Training - YouTube[/ame]

Even some of the people around him, like the bloke doing incline sit ups in the fore ground at about 38 seconds, moves about 2 inches pulling himself up with his hands.....how about do them on the ground first if you can't do inclines...
I hope that species of dinosaur quickly becomes endangered. Not extinct, just endangered. Then we can put it in the zoo, and charge a neat little fee for people to get to see it.