• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
A guy at the gym yesterday told me that I'm gonna have fucked up knees and back in a few years because I was squatting deep lol. He also said that at the AIS now they get their athletes to squat above parallel because it's bad for the knees =l

Today i saw nobody squatting properly, actually i dont think there is any other person at my gym who actually destroys the parallel in squatting.

We recently got some half assed crossfit station with power rack's and shit, and some bungee cord attacthed to a jacket, so you wear the jacket and run against the elastic resistance. Saw some weed get hammered on it the other day, was hillarious.

Today i saw nobody squatting properly, actually i dont think there is any other person at my gym who actually destroys the parallel in squatting.

We recently got some half assed crossfit station with power rack's and shit, and some bungee cord attacthed to a jacket, so you wear the jacket and run against the elastic resistance. Saw some weed get hammered on it the other day, was hillarious.

I know what you mean mate, I almost NEVER see anyone squat, and if they do, its woeful, I've seen quarter squats, squats on the smith machine with the bar resting on one shoulder...it drives me mad sometimes!
I am alot better at ignoring ppl in the gym now, but it still annoys me when people comment/stare at me because I"M doing it wrong lol...
I got asked during Deadlifts "why do u do those? What bodypart do they work?"....sigh....

Came.to this thread to tell everyone about the PT training a newb tonight.... Worst squat training I've ever seen... Freakin terrible..... And then to watch him train the deadlift....pfftttt

Then I read the last few posts on this thread.... Seems to be way too common....

I know what you mean mate, I almost NEVER see anyone squat, and if they do, its woeful, I've seen quarter squats, squats on the smith machine with the bar resting on one shoulder...it drives me mad sometimes!
I am alot better at ignoring ppl in the gym now, but it still annoys me when people comment/stare at me because I"M doing it wrong lol...
I got asked during Deadlifts "why do u do those? What bodypart do they work?"....sigh....

I'm trying to picture a squat with bar resting on one shoulder. I'm very confused. Did they go at the rack sideways or something?

Nazzy - that's normal mate.

Trofius - that's about all PT chicks are good for.

way too much in the changeroom

Older men still dont give a fuck

It's so infrequent you forget to avoid looking straight ahead of you when you leave the toilet

But there you have it...

Step out of toilet area, look straight ahead -

Old mate just standing there with back to fan, facing everyone in the changeroom, junk out.

Still standing there 5 minutes later when I left

way too much in the changeroom

Older men still dont give a fuck

It's so infrequent you forget to avoid looking straight ahead of you when you leave the toilet

But there you have it...

Step out of toilet area, look straight ahead -

Old mate just standing there with back to fan, facing everyone in the changeroom, junk out.

Still standing there 5 minutes later when I left

I feel your pain. *shudders*

Fair enough it's a change room, but when people just continually walk around naked it bothers me, so I'm out of there quick fast.

i thought about it - but i've seen this guy go psycho (mad rager)

the other weird things i've seen this week....

is this chick who i see there ALL the time, who does nothing but poor form squats and step ups with 2kg dumbells. WHILE WEARING LIFTING GLOVES....FOR 2KG DUMBELLS.