• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Saw a guy doing bench press and he set it up totally wrong. He had the bar set up outside the rack like you would for RDL's and then was facing the rack. So when he unracked the bar he was unracking it towards his face instead of away from it lol. The pussy pad was also on the bar for reasons I can't fathom. Hopefully he just couldn't be bothered to take it off lmao

Saw some fat bloke watch me foam roll for 15 minutes in the mirror, a little bit creepy.

Also helped some poor sap learn to romanian deadlift properly after the PT taught him to round the shit out of his back and go all the way to the floor.

Furthermore watched another PT spot his client on bench for every single rep. How is he supposed to develop any effective muscle or learn the movement correctly.

Fuck the all round standard of personal training is disgraceful at my gym.

Also helped some poor sap learn to romanian deadlift properly after the PT taught him to round the shit out of his back and go all the way to the floor.

Are you not supposed to do this? Whoops lol. If I stop when my back starts to round then I can only just go to below my knees. I normally do 4x8 with 40% of my max deadlift so not all that heavy

We have to go to the gym tommorow DREAD. Its an open day where anyone can bring a friend. and i know it will be busy and shit but.... thats going to be prime time "what you saw at the gym today" material.

also at the gym the other day. saw a small man, not sure of age but looked young, around 25 or so, doing what appeared to be a bollywood inspired joint flexibility warm up, while using a 5kg dumbell to stabilise himself. he may have also attempted the worm, except with a variation in which waved his arms about.

he was off the chain basically. once he had done all his warm ups he did 100 situps, about 50 pushups, one set of flat bench with 10kg dumbells and left.

this was not at my regular gym thankfully, i trained with 2 mates at an anytime that day instead.

Are you not supposed to do this? Whoops lol. If I stop when my back starts to round then I can only just go to below my knees. I normally do 4x8 with 40% of my max deadlift so not all that heavy

You only need to go just below your knees, was how I was taught anyway. With slightly bent knees too I'm sick of seein people lock their knees

Yeah I bend my knees, my IT band is tight enough from years of cycling for me to make that mistake LOL

ok does anyone experience this phenomena?....

you are doing an exercise or something that probably most people dont do and suddenly someone starts doing the same thing.

on this occasion it was front squats and i was hang stretching off the chin up bar between sets.

in walks in....casual douche bag. you know those guys who just come to the gym and "free style" they just do whatever. they're just there to exercise randomly...

so this guy cuts in and front squats with my loaded bar (only had 2 plates on) he does a set and then goes and hangs off the chin up bar to stretch.

i put some more weight on the bar, do my set, and then after i'm done, he cuts in again and does another set!

this bloke didn't even know how to front squat properly! lol! :D

then he gives me this rolled eyes exhausted look like he's really worked out hard and then goes back to the chin up bar for another stretch.

last thing i saw he was using the ab machine. probably trying to get that elusive 6 pack :rolleyes:

Imitation is the greatest for of flattery.

I wish more kids followed me squatting than going to the preacher curl bench.

Guy using the squat rack before me on sunday morning... was squatting about 80kg, but had quite possibly the worst technique I have ever seen (this is coming from me!) knees going way out over his toes and a god awful sound coming from his knee's.. made me cringe.

Saw a guy doing bench press and he set it up totally wrong. He had the bar set up outside the rack like you would for RDL's and then was facing the rack. So when he unracked the bar he was unracking it towards his face instead of away from it lol. The pussy pad was also on the bar for reasons I can't fathom. Hopefully he just couldn't be bothered to take it off lmao

LOL, shoulda got pics man......that goes down into the classics categories

bwahahahahaaaa:D:D:D

Farkin TWICE today i witnessed people trying to unload weighs off equipment i was using while i walked away to get a drink from the bubbler, NO i didnt stop to talk to people on the way and YES i walked straight back i also had a my notepad and a towel sitting next to or on the equipment, man i was pissed.

I did get one guy back when he went to stare out the window or talk on the phone whatever he was doing i unloaded his whole smith machine and took the 20kg plate i was after, hahaha.

I saw a fairly well built bloke doin curls on a EZ bar ..... one handed WTF !!!!! Then i saw me in the mirror learning the art of squating wasnt pretty ha ha but gettin better everyday :)

2 guys using smith machine to do 40kg squats... Big deal.. but these guys were actually leaning against using the bar to hold themselves upright.. it looked absolutely mental... Especially when squat rack right next to it was free

and so many wankers not putting their weights away I don't care how cool you think you are I shouldn't have to spend time putting 100kg worth of plates away that ain't mine

Last night I waited twenty minutes for two douchebags (big guys) who were deadlifting 83kg with the only oly bar (could have used one of the dozen std bars). Then when they finished, they told me they still had another exercise to do.

Proceeded to do some 23kg good mornings for the better part of twenty minutes.

If they didn't have shitty form (and hand over the bar between good mornings by leaning against each others backs) I might have forgiven them.

As it was, the one guy who was training his friend was telling him that the point of a good morning was to isolate the psoas, so he shouldn't stick his butt out at all, but try and keep his legs perpendicular to the ground (never mind that they both repeatedly nearly fell on their faces). One even tried putting his heels and ass against the wall to do it, and got about a third ROM.

He stopped, realised the stupidity.

Then tried it at the beginning of two more sets - telling his friend that he was a might be able to do it properly now that he was warmed up.

Deadlifts were performed by jerking the bar off the ground with a fully rounded lower back.

I wanted to kill myself. Big dudes too.

Then I proceeded to DL 183kg, and made them look like little bitches.

Gotta isolate that psoas (who knows which one exactly) with the complete opposite movement to what it does.

Why go to a gym that has one oly bar?

Hottest man I've ever seen, came and did DL's with me this morning :eek:

I almost couldn't lock out the 70kg in the final set because I was so conscious of pushing my big boobs out in his face, he was watching my form so closely I couldn't breathe. :D

Bella. Saw. Stars. lololol Yeah boi!

Then Bella saw a wedding band :(

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol

Meanwhile, it was a pleasant distraction from the crazy nutcase on the treadmill, he was singing on the top of his voice this morning, ipod in, eyes closed, his life is certainly grand :p

Last edited:
Hottest man I've ever seen, came and did DL's with me this morning :eek:

I almost couldn't lock out the 70kg in the final set because I was so conscious of pushing my big boobs out in his face, he was watching my form so closely I couldn't breathe. :D

Bella. Saw. Stars. lololol Yeah boi!

Then Bella saw a wedding band :(

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lol

Meanwhile, it was a pleasant distraction from the crazy nutcase on the running machine, he was singing on the top of his voice this morning, ipod in, eyes closed, his life is certainly grand :p

yeah that was me.. :cool:

that made me laugh!

Gotta isolate that psoas (who knows which one exactly) with the complete opposite movement to what it does.

Why go to a gym that has one oly bar?

It's my hometown gym (and a fantastic little one for the atmosphere) but I'm only up here for a week and a half.