• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Saw a regular return to the gym after he disappeared for a month. He went from looking ripped year round (which was surprising as he barely lifts anything heavy) to looking like a cancer patient. Always suspected he was mixing his chicken and beef.

Went on the weekend at lunch time for a change. Saw shit that wouldn't fly on weekdays when the gym is packed. Chest training giant setting with facebook, twitter and instragram (thumbs got more of a workout than any muscle fibre). Loaded barbells being left in the middle of the weight room, some dude loading up the barbell bench press, placing it on its highest setting, and then doing cardio. Shit, I think the warmer weather is getting in the stereosonic crowd.

If one more fuckwit, leaves their 50kg bench loaded I'm doing the same with my 200kg deadlift. Fairs fair right?

Meanwhile, in a commercial gym in Broadbeach....

Jacked AF roid bro explaining to a mate the reason he had been putting on so much new size is that he changed his protein powder..."all the new proteins are new to your body bro, so your muscles just soak that shit up".

Fuck off

New guy who's been training for all of about 3 weeks deadlifted 160kg this afternoon. I reflected on how many years it took me to do the same. I cried on the inside.

Then he deadlifted 170kg.

Some people are just built for it.
The first time I went to PTC I pulled 200 having not done too much previously. Yet after years my best bench is still only 115.

New guy who's been training for all of about 3 weeks deadlifted 160kg this afternoon. I reflected on how many years it took me to do the same. I cried on the inside.

Then he deadlifted 170kg.

Some people are just built for it.
The first time I went to PTC I pulled 200 having not done too much previously. Yet after years my best bench is still only 115.

No, its the new proteinz he is using. Muscles soak up dat chit. Might need PCT. Ice cream and macca will do for PCT.

I know a bloke who's never trained in his life, just a massive bloke who can pull at 220 deadlift like it's nothing.

Meanwhile, in Myfitnessclub Broadbeach:
No big bad bro's :(
BUT...an interesting method of training a client being exhibited by a "PT". Using what i describe as a deadlift machine (like what it that fucking thing? Its got handles, you can load it up massive and lift it like a wheelbarrow), he had the client static hold 80kg while (i shit you not!) he shook the machine side to side - it was moving all of a half inch. Not sure whats doing there.
He then when on to randomly test his clients horrible form...got 110x3 shaky reps to his credit.
He then had him superset max effort bench with seated db press and a bastardised version of pushup. They repeated this until he couldnt move 110kg...so got 110x3, x2, x1, x0...then onto shrugs. And in between all of this they were playing with juggling balls.

Oh yeah, and i saw a couple squatting. To parrallel at first...then about an inch higher each time the weight went up 5 kg lol.

Did run into a would be powerlifter too. Cool guy, squatted up 200x3 in sleeves....then mil pressed to 75x3.

Meanwhile, in Myfitnessclub Broadbeach:
No big bad bro's :(
BUT...an interesting method of training a client being exhibited by a "PT". Using what i describe as a deadlift machine (like what it that fucking thing? Its got handles, you can load it up massive and lift it like a wheelbarrow), he had the client static hold 80kg while (i shit you not!) he shook the machine side to side - it was moving all of a half inch. Not sure whats doing there.
He then when on to randomly test his clients horrible form...got 110x3 shaky reps to his credit.
He then had him superset max effort bench with seated db press and a bastardised version of pushup. They repeated this until he couldnt move 110kg...so got 110x3, x2, x1, x0...then onto shrugs. And in between all of this they were playing with juggling balls.

One of these?
7e8f3-730977.jpg

Only thing I don't mind doing in them is split squats with your leg up on cross bar but still prefer db's and a bench or step.
People are always doing deads or half shrugs in them at every gym I've been to

One of these?
7e8f3-730977.jpg

Only thing I don't mind doing in them is split squats with your leg up on cross bar but still prefer db's and a bench or step.
People are always doing deads or half shrugs in them at every gym I've been to
Yeah that thing.
Ive seen guys use straps and do shrugs...
Not sure why straps..unless lady hands, and your grip is quite strong in that situation.

It's like machine to deadlift for people who have no fucking clue how to deadlift :p

Got me curious as to how much I could load up on that sucker now haha

What I saw today was a lot of bloody good BJJ people. After one session, I feel like I'm all show and no go.

Haha they should call that machine the tradies wheelbarrow machine because that's all it'll train you for.. to push a flipping wheelbarrow. If people are unable to deadlift properly, they should be using the hex bar?

I helped a random dude spot his first 3plate PR squat yesterday with reasonable form, Emboldened by this he hopped over to the platform and ripped a plate deadlift for warm up and went straight to snap city. Ouch, poor guy.

Kinda be good, if you put it up on a higher platform for viper presses.

Went to the gym last night, saw guys doing heavy squats in the racks, people doing heavy dead lifts on the platforms, clean and jerks, snatches, log presses and bench presses. Chalk, no music other than the symphony of Iron on Iron Not a bro curler in sight.

Brought a tear to my eye it did.