• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
APU or GPC only for me. GPC just for Push/Pull because its a fun comp with good people in Sydney.

I'll be competing with APU again eventually. Or just novice comps at my mates gym now he's also pulled his affiliation with PA. Though he might join APU also.

APU is the future for tested athletes in Australia. Hopefully with the collapse of PA, APU can build more funds and further improve thier testing program, and thier reputation (those guys are all ex. PA anyway so this should happen quickly).

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I have heard from others that APU has been run in a similar way to Wilks PA - like a personal fiefdom with autocratic processes.

For a group of such physically strong people, it’s amazing how the members of these organisations allow themselves to be bullied and kept in the dark. Nobody participates in the election of the board or bothers to ask questions about the financials or important policy matters.

So PA members like myself who have tried to stay out of the politics and just lift now realise they should have shown more interest in who was on the board and how the board was performing.

Fuck I’m angry about it. It brings uncertainty for 1200 PA members who have done nothing wrong and only wanted to lift. The gyms and stakeholders in withdrawing their support for PA have left hundreds of us stranded. Their action harms the lifter members. The board probably doesn’t give a shit about which gyms sever themselves from PA or not.

The members of PA have the power to install fit and proper persons onto the board, work out what has happened, make the results of the investigation public, remedy the defects, provide protection for whistleblowers and appropriate care for anyone who may have suffered harm but I fear it may be too late.

Some of us would not be made to feel welcome at APU, so we either quit powerlifting or get forced into an untested fed. (APL is not a fully WADA compliant drug tested organisation).

Not all of us who lift want to smash tren and die young. That’s why we lifted at PA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a non Powerlifter I don't recall hearing much positive about Wilks from anyone credible over the years. He's copping it elsewhere too.

What about you [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION] can you recall much postive being expressed about Wilks over the years?

Never paid much attention to all the political crap.
The only comps I’ve been to are GPC.

I have heard from others that APU has been run in a similar way to Wilks PA - like a personal fiefdom with autocratic processes.

For a group of such physically strong people, it’s amazing how the members of these organisations allow themselves to be bullied and kept in the dark. Nobody participates in the election of the board or bothers to ask questions about the financials or important policy matters.

So PA members like myself who have tried to stay out of the politics and just lift now realise they should have shown more interest in who was on the board and how the board was performing.

Fuck I’m angry about it. It brings uncertainty for 1200 PA members who have done nothing wrong and only wanted to lift. The gyms and stakeholders in withdrawing their support for PA have left hundreds of us stranded. Their action harms the lifter members. The board probably doesn’t give a shit about which gyms sever themselves from PA or not.

The members of PA have the power to install fit and proper persons onto the board, work out what has happened, make the results of the investigation public, remedy the defects, provide protection for whistleblowers and appropriate care for anyone who may have suffered harm but I fear it may be too late.

Some of us would not be made to feel welcome at APU, so we either quit powerlifting or get forced into an untested fed. (APL is not a fully WADA compliant drug tested organisation).

Not all of us who lift want to smash tren and die young. That’s why we lifted at PA.

Masters still going ahead? Might have to look at GPC bro.

Masters still going ahead? Might have to look at GPC bro.

Masters Games is a big unknown. The event organisers are looking at the contingency of running the powerlifting under the other tested federation.

That would be an administrative compliance nightmare as both tested feds have anti affiliation rules. You normally have to be a member for a minimum period of time to be eligible to set records or compete at high level. Also some PA members may not be made to feel welcome. Some might say there would be a lot of red lights for anyone who had expressed their feelings about the APU leadership.

I will never lift in GPC

If I decide to lift untested with all of the benefits that offers, it would be CAPO. It’s a closer-knit community.

Not ready to go untested yet. Maybe in few years’ time when I’ll be older and closer to death anyway.

Human nature. Probably always gonna be at least two: Tested and Untested.

Look at Boxing over the years geez!

We're in here now Fellas.

So recapping: [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION] annoyed by Wilks attitude [MENTION=15750]showdownhero[/MENTION] scored a Touchdown [MENTION=20214]bannedgerry[/MENTION] severely butthurt [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION] got swag!

[MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION] did you close the other thread due to Wilks reputation for being extremely litigious?

I applied initially to join PA. He wanted to chat first before he approved. Sure ok, it's his fed etc...so I give him my number. He calls me a few days later and is a total condescending **** the whole time, to someone he didn't know or had ever met. He knew I trained with a bunch of his PA members in a PA affiliate gym.

As soon as I mentioned GPC he turned on a dime and become the ****. Simple. Garry if you don't see the issue with that....? Can't help you man.

Is that unusual, him wanting to speak to you before joining? Does Marcus or [MENTION=4221]Sticky[/MENTION] or Sean call every potential Member?

Is that unusual, him wanting to speak to you before joining? Does Marcus or [MENTION=4221]Sticky[/MENTION] or Sean call every potential Member?
Probably just me being butthurt.

Or maybe it's my jealousy of Garry?

Probably just me being butthurt.

Or maybe it's my jealousy of Garry?

I'm wondering if "someone's" emailing Wilks about this Forum and Spartacus alerted Wilks to your posting here, raising Wilks ire?

Last edited: