• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
beginners program

Hi,
do you mean you are a beginner power lifter if you cannot meet those figures, or a beginner body builder.
Thanks

beginners program

Hi,
do you mean you are a beginner power lifter if you cannot meet those figures, or a beginner body builder.
Thanks

Double BW on 20 reppers is insane.

Do you know anyone that's done it?

Best effort I've seen: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFGdpQD_O0]YouTube - Squat 462x20, Raw, Deep, No Belt, No Wraps[/ame]

A 110kg class powerlifter squatting 210kg x20.

Double BW on 20 reppers is insane.

Do you know anyone that's done it?

Best effort I've seen: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFGdpQD_O0]YouTube - Squat 462x20, Raw, Deep, No Belt, No Wraps[/ame]

A 110kg class powerlifter squatting 210kg x20.

Very good but doesn't mean shit if your squat has not improved, what are you squatting?
Posted via Mobile Device

Very good but doesn't mean shit if your squat has not improved, what are you squatting?
Posted via Mobile Device

I 1RM bench pressed 101kg within 5-6 months, is that a good effort ?

regards,
Nick

If all your lifts have gone up, then a 100kg bench at 77kg is a good effort in 6 months, if its paused, if not, then its normal, would mean around 90-95kg.

If your other lifts havent gone up, and you concentrate on just bench, then its actually poor.

With your 100kg bench, you should have a 180kg deadlift and a 140kg squat as minimum.

In just over a year, Daryl pause benched 120kg, squatted 160kg and deadlifted 180kg @ 67kg

Dim weighs 73kg and can bench 105, squat 140 and dead 190, he is an average lifter.

I 1RM bench pressed 101kg within 5-6 months, is that a good effort ?

regards,
Nick

If all your lifts have gone up, then a 100kg bench at 77kg is a good effort in 6 months, if its paused, if not, then its normal, would mean around 90-95kg.

If your other lifts havent gone up, and you concentrate on just bench, then its actually poor.

With your 100kg bench, you should have a 180kg deadlift and a 140kg squat as minimum.

In just over a year, Daryl pause benched 120kg, squatted 160kg and deadlifted 180kg @ 67kg

Dim weighs 73kg and can bench 105, squat 140 and dead 190, he is an average lifter.

I do other exercises too and i deadlift 148.5kg, and i cant do squats at the moment because of a knee issue which requires surgery and im still on the waiting list.

I do other exercises too and i deadlift 148.5kg, and i cant do squats at the moment because of a knee issue which requires surgery and im still on the waiting list.

Okay, well to give you an indication, your bench press, which I presume is touch and go, is 68% of your deadlift

Max is around 55%

Dim is around 53%.

These 2 boys are closest to your weight class. So your deadlift is quite low.

To use other known examples from PTC

Nick is 55%

Alen is 55%

Daryl is 67% (World record holder)

Fat Dave is 52%

Nina is 60% (World record holder)

Hope this helps Nick, keep lifting and good luck with your knee op.

Okay, well to give you an indication, your bench press, which I presume is touch and go, is 68% of your deadlift

Max is around 55%

Dim is around 53%.

These 2 boys are closest to your weight class. So your deadlift is quite low.

To use other known examples from PTC

Nick is 55%

Alen is 55%

Daryl is 67% (World record holder)

Fat Dave is 52%

Nina is 60% (World record holder)

Hope this helps Nick, keep lifting and good luck with your knee op.