• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
how many unhealthy foods do you allow yourself (per day, week, month, etc)
things like french fries, cookies, ice cream, hamburgers, kebabs, grilled cheese, etc

Not a big fan of pure cheat meals on their own (ice cream, cookies, cake, lollies). I'd prefer to make my regular meals better. Like peanut butter and choc chips in my protein pancakes, garlic bread with grilled chicken, extra cheese and eggs on lean burgers.

Maybe once a month we'll go out to a dessert bar and have something stupidly high in sugar.

all depends on what you call unhealthy.

I never eat junk food per se (eg take away options like maccas) only because I don't like them.

I let myself have small amounts of sweet things as part of my diet but often make these myself so rarely things that are highly processed purchased stuff.
But then, I work with chocolate and pastry so tasting etc and trying new things in that space is part of what i do.

I smash:
Pepperoni
kabana
chorizo
kransky
continental sausage
priscuitto
pencheta
smoked ham
hungarian salami
slanina
Jarlsberg cheese
pickled cucumbers
pickled roasted peppers in oil
salted peanuts
Salted pistachios
pub mix nuts
beer nuts
sunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds
salted pretzel sticks
german wheat beer
czech pils
japanese lager
vodka
scotch
and yeyo, all like I have an appointment with an executioner

Now that I actually wrote that down, I actually have to face reality and consider some lifestyle changes.

Done, thought about it and decided against any changes, the shit above is too good.

I don't classify foods as good or bad (except trans fats). They are all just various amounts of energy from various macronutrients. If I can fit them in my targets, then I eat them. If not, then I don't. Except occasionally for special occasions and things as there is more to life than dieting and staying lean :)

I would say I would eat at least one item of food that "normal" people would consider to be junk food per day.

Lol [MENTION=17457]Repacked[/MENTION]; that kebab pic has me in stitches :D
[MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]; quite like the look of that list.. I too am a fan of the sausage :cool:

Lol @Repacked; that kebab pic has me in stitches :D
@Grunta; quite like the look of that list.. I too am a fan of the sausage :cool:

Is sausage, is good...............fuken.
It's only bad when it's served like [MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION] ; got it, you know, the special secret way his daddy served it. :eek:

I don't classify foods as good or bad (except trans fats). They are all just various amounts of energy from various macronutrients. If I can fit them in my targets, then I eat them. If not, then I don't. Except occasionally for special occasions and things as there is more to life than dieting and staying lean :)

I would say I would eat at least one item of food that "normal" people would consider to be junk food per day.

THIS.

haha i'm exactly the same "trans fats bad guys" but that is about it.
Even then I qualify it by saying "man made trans fats" (ie hydrogenated oils etc) because the ones that occur naturally in animal meats etc are in such small quanitities and all part of the whole make up of meat etc and not going to do harm unless you eat a whole cow in one sitting.

oh wait, you can do that, Chris LOL

Is sausage, is good...............fuken.
It's only bad when it's served like [MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION] ; got it, you know, the special secret way his daddy served it. :eek:
Still love a good old game of hide the sausage ;)

THIS.

haha i'm exactly the same "trans fats bad guys" but that is about it.
Even then I qualify it by saying "man made trans fats" (ie hydrogenated oils etc) because the ones that occur naturally in animal meats etc are in such small quanitities and all part of the whole make up of meat etc and not going to do harm unless you eat a whole cow in one sitting.

oh wait, you can do that, Chris LOL
Haha I can but I normally limit steak size to about 500g.

If steak is considered "bad", I don't want to eat what is "good" :p

The only thing one needs to steer clear of is artificial sweetners, margarine and hydrogenated oils

trans fats are needed in a good healthy diet