• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Made very simple lifting plates instead of a lifting platform. I didnt want to tie up too much space under the pergola.
Here they are being cured.
900mm x 450mm x 25mm h. This will take the bar out of deficit for deadlifts. Or I can stand on one to put me into a 50mm deficit.
Used the playground mats from Bunnings for $29 1m x 1m x 10mm h. And some hard wood that Im going to paint and stick on anti slip tape.
Will post another pic when set up.
je7emu9y.jpg

Sounds like a plan, but to be honest, I do not understand a single thing you typed there, bar deficit and out of deficit:confused:

Will be keen to see the completed photos and application:)

Sounds like a plan, but to be honest, I do not understand a single thing you typed there, bar deficit and out of deficit:confused:

Will be keen to see the completed photos and application:)
Bar mimics comp height due to plates being 50mm less in diameter than comp plates (450mm). Lifting boards raise bar height by 25mm.
4ememy9a.jpg

Bar in deficit by 50mm. Lower to the ground to work on speed.
6ehuhyju.jpg

Just waiting on anti slip tape for the bottom. Just for safety, they didnt move today when I was playing on them.

Last edited:
Bar mimics comp height due to plates being 50mm less in diameter than comp plates (450mm). Lifting boards raise bar height by 250mm.
4ememy9a.jpg

Bar in deficit by 500mm. Lower to the ground to work on speed.
6ehuhyju.jpg

Just waiting on anti slip tape for the bottom. Just for safety, they didnt move today when I was playing on them.

Not sure I want you on the end of a tape when I'm setting a house out. Might be a few to many zeros on some of your measurements.

Nice work though, love a lady with ingenuity.

Ha ha ha!!!
I like to talk in cm's. mm confuse the crap outta me! Might have to re-edit! Lol

Now I see, I think the plastic things in the first picture confused me, I though you were talking about using them for something:)

Here is my latest addition to my home gym:)

Samson Incline Leg Press:

Also came with a shitload (400lb)of Samson weight plates, bit rusty but nothing a wire brush and some black paint can't fix, and they are just as heavy as new ones, the muscles don't know the difference:

DSC_0090.jpg

Loving my new Force USA rack. I have only really gotten into it for the last 2 weeks, due to me just coming off a bad bout of Ross River fever, but loving having my own gym to death. Not sure about the rickety bench though.

I can no longer fit my tiny car in my side of the garage, but lifting is more important than a clean car!