• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Kunce, that's too far, although I nearly moved there 3 years ago.

Fox Sports would demotivated the most avid trainer. :rolleyes:

Maybe if I had some idea about real lifting. I am 100% bro-technique.

From what I have seen on here there is a certain minimum amount of experience and knowledge before you can start calling yourself PTC.....I have a long way to go yet.

Last edited:
Nice setup.

I will have something very similar in 2-3 years time when I build by new shed.

Can't wait.:)

[MENTION=14535]Breadcooker[/MENTION]; - now thats a home gym, damn. Looks bigger than High Energy out that neck of the woods.

Reminds me of a friends home gym at Moranbah, he's spent about 60k on his shed converting it into a gym, pretty impressive.

It's not about fees....A mate and I went halves to set this up. It took us about 18 months.

In Mackay, a membership can caost between $1000 and $1200 a year..so for 2 guys that is over $2000. When you get tto the gym, they all have too many people for the gear they have.....understandable given they are a business.

To top it off, everybody is doing arms, you cant get a dumbell, etc....

This way we can do what we want, when we want. We have a few friends who used to compete and some of their wives are now competing (bodybuilding).

Once we get going we want to have a set of food rules.... and if you break them you are gone....haha...I will not be allowed in my own gym!!

Her is an update, have now obtained some more equipment, and had to change things around, have added a new lat pulldown/seated row machine, smith machine and bench and preacher bench.

Have spend today cleaning out the shed in my rented home (its a rather small shed) to set up part of my gym.

Mainly had to be done as the smith machine and lat machine is too tall to fit on the veranda, the smith machine is pretty tall, I am 6'2" and I can do standing shoulder presses in it.:)

Here is the result of the shed clean out, and the car still fits in it as well:

Of course all the gear is made by Samson Barbelles out of BHP Steel, no imported rubbish in this home gym:)

And the out door gym on the back veranda:

And the view from the home gym::)

Looks the goods [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION];

Re: My Home Gym:
Im in the market for a Leg Press at the moment....and some more plates :D

Looks the goods [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION];

Re: My Home Gym:
Im in the market for a Leg Press at the moment....and some more plates :D

I know a guy in silverwater who may have one. I just bought a heap of plates off him. He has collected LOTS over the years. I've never seen so many plates stacked like that on pallets!! I thought I saw a leg press at his factory. Do you want his details?

I know a guy in silverwater who may have one. I just bought a heap of plates off him. He has collected LOTS over the years. I've never seen so many plates stacked like that on pallets!! I thought I saw a leg press at his factory. Do you want his details?

Yes please :)

Her is an update, have now obtained some more equipment, and had to change things around, have added a new lat pulldown/seated row machine, smith machine and bench and preacher bench.

Have spend today cleaning out the shed in my rented home (its a rather small shed) to set up part of my gym.

Mainly had to be done as the smith machine and lat machine is too tall to fit on the veranda, the smith machine is pretty tall, I am 6'2" and I can do standing shoulder presses in it.:)

Here is the result of the shed clean out, and the car still fits in it as well:

Of course all the gear is made by Samson Barbelles out of BHP Steel, no imported rubbish in this home gym:)

And the out door gym on the back veranda:

And the view from the home gym::)

Looks great Mick, did you get the lat machine, preacher and other bench with the Smith machine?

Yep same seller where I bought my leg press from.

Also put in an order for a pec dec when he finds one, so if there is one out there I am in the market or one, must be plate loaded though rather that with a pin loaded weight stack. :)

Hey Big Mick, doesn't your equipment start to rust in the outdoors? I used to have a home gym under a pergola, so it wasnt in the rain but from the dew in winter time it was rusting all over.

Hey Big Mick, doesn't your equipment start to rust in the outdoors? I used to have a home gym under a pergola, so it wasnt in the rain but from the dew in winter time it was rusting all over.

He lives in an area as dry as a nuns....you get the picture!

Im the same with outdoor equipment, I just squirt everything with WD40.

Mate very dry out here, relative humidity does not even register out here, but I do the same as Kaz, I have a can of WD40 and a rag in my outdoor gym, and while resting between sets I will wipe equipment down with the WD40 rag.

Also because of the dust, as I get road trains going past the back of the property during harvest season.