• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Looking good mate see you have got it all up and going.
Bet you can't wait for the that man cave.

Yeah, all good things come in time, very happy with it all and actually been using the smith machine as well, more than I thought I would.:)

It's a killer for doing incline benches and benches and shoulder presses till failure on it, high rep stuff with medium weights, reallly enjoying it, even thinking about doing some medium weight squat sets till failure on it.

Great bit of gear to break the training up a bit, and the lat pulldown is a lot nicer to use than my old one.

Heres my set-up:
Force USA F-PC Powercage with band pegs, dip handles and cable attachment
7' Oly bar with hammertone oly plates
Muscle Motion commercial flat bench with wheels
Home made calf raise block
Standard EZ curl bar and plates
Spinlock dumbells
Sit up bench

Does everything I need it to do at the moment, and beats the hell out of going to a gym.

IMG_1217_zps9bd96826.jpg

Thanks [MENTION=10494]bams_101[/MENTION] for supplying the cable attachment for the cage!

here's mine, been building up my equipment for a while, now that I have a shed I can fit more equipment in. Previous house I managed with squat stands, flat bench, bunch of weights and a bar, plus the same platform under a pergola

Attachments

• IMG_0349.jpg
    IMG_0349.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 151
[MENTION=7841]PerthMac[/MENTION]; some decent space and looking well organised! :)

In other news
Looking to get a SSB and some smaller KBs.

Latest addition to my Home "Garage" Gym, all Samson Equipment of Course:

Total cost for both items $300 even:):)

One for chest:

One for Back:

Latest addition to my Home "Garage" Gym, all Samson Equipment of Course:

Total cost for both items $300 even:):)

One for chest:

One for Back:

I thought you might of bought those, what's the t-bar like? I was going to bid on it but I am happy shoving a barbell in the Cornee and using a d handle

I thought you might of bought those, what's the t-bar like? I was going to bid on it but I am happy shoving a barbell in the Cornee and using a d handle

It's pretty good, used it today, did not really need it but the guy just about gave it away, seems to hit the lats better than the lat pulldown IMO. The old bar in the corner seems to work as well, but grabbed the thing while I was there. Same guy said he has just bought a truck load of Samson gym gear, literally, so may be keep an eye on him or contact him, seemed like a nice bloke had some other Samson gear as well, but I already had it:)

The guy I bought the pec machine off has a seated row/lat pulldown going cheap as well, again already have one so did not buy it.

It's pretty good, used it today, did not really need it but the guy just about gave it away, seems to hit the lats better than the lat pulldown IMO. The old bar in the corner seems to work as well, but grabbed the thing while I was there. Same guy said he has just bought a truck load of Samson gym gear, literally, so may be keep an eye on him or contact him, seemed like a nice bloke had some other Samson gear as well, but I already had it:)

The guy I bought the pec machine off has a seated row/lat pulldown going cheap as well, again already have one so did not buy it.

Do you know where he finds the equipment? I guess he must go to auctions

Do you know where he finds the equipment? I guess he must go to auctions

He said he bough several commercial gyms out, he had heaps of gear there when I went to his house, a lot of commercial gear, racks, smith machines, etc etc. plus he claimed to have more at a factory unit somewhere.

But he said he picked up a whole gym worth of Samson gear including about 3000-4000lb of Samson cast plates in one lot in Canberra. Could not really tell me what he had, there might be a few of everything in there, he said he was going to hire a removalist truck to bring it back to Sydney. I was thinking might be from the military academy or AFP or Police Academy or similar, as I believe Samson supplied the military as well as police training academies back in the day with their equipment and weights as well as a lot of sporting clubs.

4000lbs? That's nuts, its great that it all survived and I think you are right about the military as I have heard that before and for him to purchase that much in one go it has to be military auctions, I have known some people to go interstate with a rental truck and bid on lots

Probably picked it up for next to nothing if it was a military auction.

Will keep an eye on his listings to see if he has anything interesting coming up, he sells through ebay mostly I believe. Might be a Samson Calf Raise machine in there for me:rolleyes:

That gym of your is starting to look pretty good Big Mick. It will be excellent when you have al the gear you want and it is all the same kit...and made here.

That gym of your is starting to look pretty good Big Mick. It will be excellent when you have al the gear you want and it is all the same kit...and made here.

Yeah loving it, I think I have more gear than I ever thought I wanted when I started, but just can not resist buying it when I see something I don't have.

Will be great when I get to build my own shed and set up a proper gym, been looking at properties last week, I will be rebuilding all the equipment as well when I get there, ie sand blast it, then repaint it.

Still have two years left in my work contract where I am, and I am in a rented house here, so space is limited, but doing the best I can. and I might yet extend the contract by a year or two as life is just too easy and saving heaps of cash:)