• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Oh and i almost forgot, saw a guy doing partials for bench press on the smith machine, he set the bumpers about 6in from his chest then loaded the bar with about 120kg, the proceeded to "press" the remained of the way to lockout which was another 6in or so and then almost drop back down onto the stoppers, then repeated this 6 times and strutted around the gym like heman for the next 10 mins till it was time to do it all again, hahaha

Maybe he was a power lifter doing pin presses ;)

Last night I was training with my husband at home. He was struggling with 5kg side raises and tells me "I need to go lighter".
I said no worries, took the 5kg Olympic plates off him and handed him 5kg standard hammertone plates. After the second rep he tells me "much better"

Bahahaha...!
Mind over matter!

Last night I was training with my husband at home. He was struggling with 5kg side raises and tells me "I need to go lighter".
I said no worries, took the 5kg Olympic plates off him and handed him 5kg standard hammertone plates. After the second rep he tells me "much better"

Bahahaha...!
Mind over matter!

Haha, love this.

Bahahaha...!
Mind over matter!

Hahaha, I hope you told him after he lifted it that it was actually the same weight...

Not at the gym par se, but apparently at work a couple of guys came in boasting how strong they were etc etc attempted to pick up a 65kg dead ball off the floor, failed (both of them), had a quick look to see if anyone saw them then quickly walked out the front door lol

Not at the gym par se, but apparently at work a couple of guys came in boasting how strong they were etc etc attempted to pick up a 65kg dead ball off the floor, failed (both of them), had a quick look to see if anyone saw them then quickly walked out the front door lol

Hahaha epic! I want to see if I can pick it up now

Last night I beat two guys to the squat rack (was already waiting there for the previous squatter).

They were unhappy and retreated to the leg press and pretty much eyed me the whole time. I'm still a weakling and was working up to 5+ 92.5kg ATG so I felt a bit of pressure. On my last set they were right next to the rack like vultures watching me as I unloaded the bar.

Moved away to my next exercise and watched them proceed to do 1/2 squats with the pad, racking the bar at what looked like head height. They maxed out at 80kg...

god damn the amount of quarter/half squatters at my old gym was insane...see it when back home visiting the folks too. its scary to watch sometimes.

Today, some loser was trying to do some ab exercises he hadn't done in years, and was directly told by one of the bigger guys that he looks like he's having a seizure.

That loser's name was Ryan.

Today, some loser was trying to do some ab exercises he hadn't done in years, and was directly told by one of the bigger guys that he looks like he's having a seizure.

That loser's name was Ryan.

Today, some g-unit was was trying to do some ab exercises he hadn't done in years, and some punk arse curl monkey ******, who didn't have the balls to say it to my face was mirin'.

Edit: Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Last edited:
^ I like.

v I do not like.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBtVdtLbPEc]Smith Machine Drag Curl - YouTube[/ame]

I did smith shoulder press lastnight, I confess.

Heaps more freeweight movements is my NY resolution.

Saw these 2 hotties, doing DB curls in sync near the dumbell rack lastnight.

My training partner and I call them the "syncronization sisters"