• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I also play on my phone during sets. My program spreadsheet is on my phone, but mostly cos I don't give a fuck what people think ;)

Finish set, catch breath, take a sip of water, ready for the next set. Who's got time to sit around in the gym doing nothing.

Not so simple when you're lifting heavy, you should know that.
I've cut rest breaks down a fair bit in recent times, around the 60-90 second mark on most exercises but that's still plenty of thumb twiddling time. Wasn't uncommon for me to have 3-5 minute breaks when doing 5x5 type programs.

Video games during rest breaks, what the hell? I am analysing my form, recalling mental cues to make the next set better, get some dynamic stretching in, identify weakpoints etc. And writing all this down on my old fashioned clipboard haha. Probably look like a nutcase but I am perfectly fine with that.

Video games during rest breaks, what the hell? I am analysing my form, recalling mental cues to make the next set better, get some dynamic stretching in, identify weakpoints etc. And writing all this down on my old fashioned clipboard haha. Probably look like a nutcase but I am perfectly fine with that.

Pretty much this. A quick stretch out of the muscle I just worked, and an analysis that everything went as expected. Playing around on your phone with facebook or insta will just get you distracted. Well that's what I see at the gym. People getting caught up watching cat videos when they should be finishing their last set.

Went for a swim at the footy stadium today, saw and had a quick chat to Kurtley Beale from the Waratahs superXV (big man!) and Benny Elias, league legend, (small but still looks real fit for his age).

Did you look something like this?

IHzP0.gif
Almost, but not nearly as graceful.

Today I saw a female client take a weight that she couldn't squat for 1 rep last week and smash out 5 reps with it. I then saw her sumo deadlifting 6x80kg and 3x90kg. I look forward to her first 100kg deadlift, coming soon.

I then had a guy from church come in for a one-off session to check out his technique and coach him on the most important points. His form was pretty darn good on everything, so I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of technically decent lifts from him. Most of the technique points I gave him related to tightness rather than body position, which is always nice to see.

I was in the squat rack and some weirdo started squatting in the other rack.
He kept looking over at me every set and adding weight as his squats got shallower and shallower! I think he ended up with about 90-100kg, with most rom achieved was unracking the weight.
Lol....he was freaking me out a bit!

He kept looking over at me every set and adding weight as his squats got shallower and shallower! I think he ended up with about 90-100kg, with most rom achieved was unracking the weight.

He was mirrin brah....

you might have been looking in the mirror

Middle aged (45ish) woman, 54 kg I think she said (I asked as politely as possible) doing squats at 95, went off did some leg press work, then came back and asked for a spot at 100kg. Said she'd be happy to get 1 out as it was a PB, so off we go, she gets 6. Was very impressed.

Fuck this shit, I'm looking for a new gym. I was umming and arring about it but today broke the camel's back.

Kunce asking for a spot on his 3" rom smith machine bench press.

I asked a kunce in the rack how many sets he had left, he looked at me like I just raped his sister. He was doing upright rows with 5kgs on the bar, I wanted to do OHP. He then tells me to use the smith, which I reply with "I don't like doing it in there, can I work in?" He says give me 10 more minutes, I'm sure he did one set and pissed off in that time.

Another 3 bro's all using the incline benches in the flat posi to do rows. I ask if they can share a bench or use a flat one and get a "just got two sets left brah".

I usually train during the middle of the day so these kunce aren't around! I see goodlife has an eofy special going at the moment, might go check the local one out, just been putting it off as the Admin/joining fee gives me the shits