• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I saw this guy grab shit and hang it on everyone else at the gym.

No wait that was everyone in this thread, lol.

Seriously, if some guy is using the power rack for curls or pinky toe raises - walk over and use your words you big meat head.

I saw a new member squatting, well done you are squatting i thought.

Warming up on 60KG, not bad not bad, half reps, bah thats ok just a warm up, hang on the poor bastard is shaking and has chicken legs.
Ahhh thank goodness he stops..... great he has seen the light, oh wait what the fuck? WHAT THE FUCK? He loads on another 20KG and repeats, oh deary me this boy is gonna blow an oring!
Ahh hang on he come to his senses i am SURE he will deload, no wait another 20KG! Oh great 100KG mr shakey.

It kept me amused. Kudos for having a go. I wanted to say something but was not sure, he might not like it.
lol, yup I see this crap all the time. It really pisses me off when I have to wait for a squat rack when u have a blow hard using it

Dude was seen 10 minutes later at local nightclub, same clothes fist pumping like a pro.

When I was in Melbourne for the Deadlift, I was walking past the Doherty's under the train station at about midnight on Saturday. I went in for a look around, only to find a bunch of guys goosed up on pre-workout (**Cough, Methed out**)doing bi curls in jeans & button up shirts :p

yep because your times more important than theirs
Agree. I've got no issue with small guys squatting in the squat rack even if they're half reps. At least they're giving it a go and hopefully will improve from there. Deal with it, they're members too.

BUT, I do have issue with people doing bicep curls in the squat rack. How about this, a few squat sessions back I was at FF Toowong and both squat racks were in use. One by this guy doing weak squats, no big deal, he was there first. But the other one was being used by a PT no less and he was spotting this guy doing 30kg barbell bicep curls in the squat rack!! I was seriously peeved, a PT doing isolation work to start with and doing it in the squat rack!!!!

I said to him: "That's major gym fopar number 1, curling in the squat rack". To his credit he finished up the curls and freed the rack for me but still a bad example. And it was only 30kg all up and there's fixed bars with that weight on it down the other end with the mirrors. Go do your iso work down there and get out of the racks.

Cheers,
Mike

BUT, I do have issue with people doing bicep curls in the squat rack. How about this, a few squat sessions back I was at FF Toowong and both squat racks were in use. One by this guy doing weak squats, no big deal, he was there first. But the other one was being used by a PT no less and he was spotting this guy doing 30kg barbell bicep curls in the squat rack!! I was seriously peeved, a PT doing isolation work to start with and doing it in the squat rack!!!!

yeh PT's at fitness first do this as well. They are usually the biggest culprits of hogging the equipment. They might of been doing squats or something before hand and just kept the rack to do curls... I see this alot. Ive had FF PTs ask me if they can use the rack im using because they need it for their client. Ahh... go fuck yourself?

7am in my gym, I saw a guy wearing a belt doing machine bicep curls. Not sure how the belt was helping with that. really, a belt for bicep curls, on a machine?

i've seen this a couple of times... :eek:

the bicep curls in the rack's piss me off to no end...
Deadlifts, from the ground, wasting rack time, also pisses me off. wtf. there's a platform with no-one on it...go use it.

Seen a guy doing like semi-chinups or something the otherday...? I reckon his rang of motion was about 2 inches. total. from the bottom.

there's this little asian sheila who is on the tradmill everyday i'm there...looks like she is going to go flying off it. takes about 3 strides(slowly moving towards the back of it) then has to catch the bar...then repeats. Is on it when i walk in, still going when i walk out..1-2 hours later. Skinny as fark.

Bicep heroes...those guys are awesome...:rolleyes:
do they need to do 438 different arm exercises?? Sure, you're biceps are awesome, but you have no legs or back...:confused:

The older I get the less I give a fuck about things. Things that don’t matter that is.

Give it a crack.
You'll all feel happier.

On the odd occasion I venture into a 'proper' gym I either just chuckle to myself or offer advice.
Most people aren't intentionally doing the 'wrong' thing - they just have no idea what they should, or could be doing better. I myself was one of them for a short period (though I never ever curled in the squat rack lol) so I try not to judge.

The c*nts who won't let you work inbetween their sets however can go get f*cked

always see a sheila is running her legs off. every session...runs so long, that she has to use the bar to pull herself back up the treadmill every 5 or 6 steps...has it going too fast. fucking mental or something.

every friday night "the lads" come in and do 1478 bicep curls in front of the mirror's. one of them wondered why his elbows were fucking out on him. Doing something like 10 or more sets of 15-20 reps. Lol. using a monstrous 20kg BB.

Suppose it would get heavy after 5 million reps.

i just continue lifting much heavier things. :p

This skinny kid was in the smith machine doing squats and his feet were like less then 1 foot apart and when he went down his knees would bend inwards, it looked fuckin brutal. Im not one to tell people what to do in the gym but i had to say something, i said oi mate u gotta have ur feet alot further apart or ur gonna injure urself. I would of went through the whole how to squat properly speach with hip drive and all but i had my own workout to worry about and also i didnt tell him to squat on a squat rack because there is only one squat rack in the gym and its fucking mine lol.

^^^^

Yeah the rack is mine as well, i like people squatting on the smith machine so then i can have more time on the rack.

My gym buddy told me he saw some skinny lad get pinned on the bench press by a 25kg bar - that is a 20kg bar with 2x2.5kg plates. In what world is that even possible to be so weak? He should be doing push-ups instead.