• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Theres a guy at my gym who has heard of 5x5 programs and rippetoes, squats decent but probably a bit just above parallel. Interested in strength ect.

But he puts some really bad accessory work with his squats, e.g. does not even squat just jumps up and is wobbling all over the place (dangerous), pauses at bottom of squat (no box) for a while and then racks the weight at the bottom pin, and does single db deadlifts (not that bad of an exercise but could pick better)

Last edited:
But he puts some really bad accessory work with his squats, e.g. squats then jumps up (dangerous), pauses at bottom of squat (no box) for a while, and does single db deadlifts (not that bad of an exercise but could pick better)
It actually sounds like he knows how to train. Jump Squats aren't dangerous, they are great for being explosive. Pause squatting is great for getting out of the hole more so without the box

It actually sounds like he knows how to train. Jump Squats aren't dangerous, they are great for being explosive. Pause squatting is great for getting out of the hole more so without the box

ahh never mind. I had this exact same argument on another forum. Just trust me that he was not doing them correctly.

I started this thread over 18 months ago.. Now i cant post in here anymore :mad: :p

I train at a real gym now and don't have anything to laugh at :rolleyes:
Nobodies bro curling doing 2 inch squats or talking on the treadmill .. ughh wtf am i going to post about in this thread.. ROFL..

haz - lol now thats a sight to see

Grahame - Ill be posting on people throwing up during conditioning day or leg day imo .. hahaha

Ages ago when I was trying different ab exercises, I was on my final set of incline reverse crunches, and I was using a bench that has the functionality of inclining. I inclined it to maximum setting, and began doing my incline reverse crunches. My abs were feeling the burn, and shaking like crazy. The vibrations of my core ended up jumping the supporting bar (of the incline bench) out, and the incline bench declined by itself forcefully and fast (it dropped) to becoming a normal bench whilst I was still on it. It made a loud bang sound, and I looked around to find about 5 people asking me if I was okay. Awkward.

I've done that before. Someone put the weights in the wrong place, so I ended up picking up a 22.5kg dumbell and a 27kg one.
Couldn't work out why my left arm was so weak that day. Eventually a random guy came up and told me. Kinda embarrassing lol

I've done that before. Someone put the weights in the wrong place, so I ended up picking up a 22.5kg dumbell and a 27kg one.
Couldn't work out why my left arm was so weak that day. Eventually a random guy came up and told me. Kinda embarrassing lol

Haha this happened to me once
Training with a mate. He passed me the wrong weight db and after the set I was like wtf!

Yesterday I was struggling on the bench press. I really wanted to get the 5th rep out. I tried to cheat by raising my butt off the bench.

Instead of making the rep, the bar flew towards my face/neck.

Luckily I had a good spotter...

lol there is this old guy, about 50 who trains at my gym
he dosnt do anything stupid but me and my mate can not stop laughing when we see his gym clothes.
the guy wears, business shoes polished, with basketball shorts, with a shirt tucked in and a vest. and to top it off he wears a boe tie!
this is honestly the funniest shit to see. looks like a total jack ass

I got to see someone do back squats, military press, bent rows and SLDL all in the rack one after the other.

Means i didnt get to Military Press last night. :mad:

That was awesome.