• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
2 blokes, talking about "come on bro it's your birthday - lets go" squatted 29 reps at 100kg. All A2G. 3 sets. Then went to spew (I think). Either way solid effort.

29x100kg. That's pretty darn impressive.

Today I got to see one of my female clients bench press a triple at 45kg, which was her 1RM last time she lifted that weight. Later I saw two more good-looking females benching 30-40kg. Must've been toning, 'cause I've seen one of them bench press 60kg before.

3 sets of 100kgx29 is impressive!

In Japan:
guy doing his arm warmups and stretches while on the treadmill
some sweet tai chi moves or something while walking from machine to machine
a 55kg is dude who must have been about 70 years old benching 70kgx10. He was a seriously jacked grandpa!

At PTC:
me doing incline bench at 50kg. Look left, and there is a lady doing 40kg BB OHP next to me. #can'tpressforshit

Some guy seriously pissing me off today....

Was doing flat DB press he walks over and turn the fan on full then turns it around so its directly pointed at me, finish my set and turn about 15deg so its pointed away from me then he walks over and adjusts it back, finish my set and goto put back the 35kg dbs and he has put his 12.5 in that spot where the spot for his was about a mtr away, so move em to free the space for the 35s and grab the 40s only to find the fan adjusted back directly at the bench I was using.......

Then setup for DB flyes move a bench outta the way and he comes over and sets up right next to moving his bench closer when I had moved my bench outta the way not to interfere with anyone else, wtf is wrong with some people.

I usually don't care what others are doing but when it effects me fuck I get pissed...

Was doing flat DB press he walks over and turn the fan on full then turns it around so its directly pointed at me, finish my set and turn about 15deg so its pointed away from me then he walks over and adjusts it back, finish my set and goto put back the 35kg dbs and he has put his 12.5 in that spot where the spot for his was about a mtr away, so move em to free the space for the 35s and grab the 40s only to find the fan adjusted back directly at the bench I was using.......

Then setup for DB flyes move a bench outta the way and he comes over and sets up right next to moving his bench closer when I had moved my bench outta the way not to interfere with anyone else, wtf is wrong with some people.

I usually don't care what others are doing but when it effects me fuck I get pissed...

As much as I would want to hurt that guy. I think you may have been trolled.

Shoulda clobbered the kunce with a dumbell on camera

In the gym with 4 other guys all doing different stuff, and I was finishing my workout doing hanging leg raises for quite a bit, using the crossfit station facing the wall. I get the feeling I was being stared at but didn't really suss it out. When I was done I turned around, and lo and behold 3 of the guys were doing leg raises.. lol. One on dip station doing the knee raise, one hanging inside the squat cage and another on the floor raising them this way and that. Maybe a coincidence, but I hope all their abs are sore today!

Another textbook day of training at a commercial gym.

Today's events (Legit - I am not trolling):
- Curls in the power cage
- 1/2 squats of plenty maybe less than 1/2
- one guy benching but his elbows didn't go past a 90 degree angle
- one chick (pretty fit) comes over and starts working in with the guys doing rows next to where I'm deadlifting. They're rowing 40kg - she is rowing 55kg.

I reckon he said "Oh yeah, I wear lady's clothes all the time. Wait.... That's cross-dress. My bad, I always get them confused"

Na I just politely said no and then changed the subject.

Also I forgot to say whilst i was waiting to deadlift there was this big dude probably 100-120kg deadlifting 50kg for reps then after he finished and realised i was waiting he says "mate do you want me to take the plates off?" I just went "oh no thanks mate, I can do it."

Probably one of the more amusing days i've had there TBH.

To people not understand the principles of progressive overload? I fail to comprehend how someone that size can only deadlift 50kg? Unless he has a totally fucked back or something?

I didn't see him doing anything else but i thought to myself exactly the same thing as i was sitting there waiting.

On a more positive note he was deadlifting properly which is more than i can say for the majority of the punters today...

To people not understand the principles of progressive overload? I fail to comprehend how someone that size can only deadlift 50kg? Unless he has a totally fucked back or something?
When my standard bar became bowed from deadlifts I went to a fitness place to ask about an oly bar and the guy said I didn't need more weight and I should "just rep it out."

When my standard bar became bowed from deadlifts I went to a fitness place to ask about an oly bar and the guy said I didn't need more weight and I should "just rep it out."

Did you tell him he is an idiot and shouldn't be working in a fitness place dies to being an incompetent, moronic, cock smoker?