• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Is this still going?

I had my first go at this today as i was curious to see where i'm at relatively speaking.. 9 mins 48 seconds :) i had my old man counting out loud to keep me motivated which helped after about the 20th when the pain set in.. (sets were 30-10-10-10-10-30)
Welcome, another cheetah is added to the fold. Well done.

Fadi.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgcT9H7UHTA[/YOUTUBE]

well that nearly killed me, 5mins 26sec, my form got worse and worse as i went on

Good effort, I love how they gradually deteriorate as time goes on, I thought I was the only one that happens to.

yes that is very impressive, I did 100 in over 16 min and had to space them out in blocks of 10 for 80 reps, then blocks of 5 for the last 20!

Cheers fella's, I felt sick for about 2 hrs afterwards, it was the first time ive ever attempted that many in one go, im in no rush to try again, lol

Cheers fella's, I felt sick for about 2 hrs afterwards, it was the first time ive ever attempted that many in one go, im in no rush to try again, lol

haha that's what I thought to. Only done it once. Would have tried again but bloody injuries keeping setting me back.

WOn't be getting anywhere near your time though!

*puts flamesuit on*

In my opinion, with such a lack of proper form and technique in the second half of that video, i wouldn't say that is "100 properly done burpees" (as Fadi described the challenge in his original post).

It doesn't look to me like your chest is touching the ground, nor do i see a full lockout on the pushups, and the jumps towards the end were no more than 6 inches either, and you are hunched over in the jump (from the start) anyway.

Just saying how it is.

*puts flamesuit on*

In my opinion, with such a lack of proper form and technique in the second half of that video, i wouldn't say that is "100 properly done burpees" (as Fadi described the challenge in his original post).

It doesn't look to me like your chest is touching the ground, nor do i see a full lockout on the pushups, and the jumps towards the end were no more than 6 inches either, and you are hunched over in the jump (from the start) anyway.

Just saying how it is.

each to there own, I just gave it my best shot and thats what I ended up with, this is just a bit of fun, most people with there names on the list dont even have a vid,, why dont you give it a dig and see how your form is from 50-100,:p

true! I know my form definitely deteriorated towards the end. I was doing it on grass and actually finished with dirt on my face. Was going deep on pushups for sure :p

each to there own, I just gave it my best shot and thats what I ended up with, this is just a bit of fun, most people with there names on the list dont even have a vid,, why dont you give it a dig and see how your form is from 50-100,:p

Haha yeah, i didn't mean to come across that harshly (although it probably did come across like that).

I suppose at the end of the day, if you can do the challenge again later in the same time, with better form, you know you have improved. Or likewise, in a better time, with the same form. And thats all that matters.

Its pretty obvious from your video that you got a very hard workout done in 5-6 minutes. :)

I had a go recently and was just under 10 minutes, my form did suffer too towards the end. I didn't video but i know that my pushups were taking a good 2 seconds each in the last 40 or so reps (my chest hit the ground so many times..) and were definately the hardest part of the burpee for me. I had no troubles jumping 18" .

Haha yeah, i didn't mean to come across that harshly (although it probably did come across like that).

I suppose at the end of the day, if you can do the challenge again later in the same time, with better form, you know you have improved. Or likewise, in a better time, with the same form. And thats all that matters.

Its pretty obvious from your video that you got a very hard workout done in 5-6 minutes. :)

I had a go recently and was just under 10 minutes, my form did suffer too towards the end. I didn't video but i know that my pushups were taking a good 2 seconds each in the last 40 or so reps (my chest hit the ground so many times..) and were definately the hardest part of the burpee for me. I had no troubles jumping 18" .

my hat goes off to anyone that can finish it, you didnt sound harsh, everyone is entitled to there opinion and I do like to hear what people think,
ill have another dig at it early next week, with a proper warm up ect, I recon I can crack the sub 5 min mark(with slightly better form),

Finally gave this a shot. Did it in 9:23.

Holy crap that was hard! Insane.
Very well done speedy Steve. I've added you to this group:

417734-38413-16.jpg

Fadi.

So you're all doing a metabolically conditioning workout for time, great.

Yet people hate on crossfit? Is it just because the above has a brand name?

confused.jpg

So you're all doing a metabolically conditioning workout for time, great.

Yet people hate on crossfit? Is it just because the above has a brand name?

confused.jpg

I see this as a game. I did it just to see how fit I was. Where as crossfit is a continuing routine.

IMO, Nothing wrong with crossfit, depending on your goals.

Thanks Fadi :)