• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I see this as a game. I did it just to see how fit I was. Where as crossfit is a continuing routine.

IMO, Nothing wrong with crossfit, depending on your goals.

Thanks Fadi :)

Agree, I think i would only do the 100 burpees challenge (or any burpees for that matter) about once very 3 months for something different.

So you're all doing a metabolically conditioning workout for time, great.

Yet people hate on crossfit? Is it just because the above has a brand name?

confused.jpg

1. Doing direct strength training and some metabolic conditioning is not the same as CrossFit.

2. CrossFit does not get you very strong.

3. CrossFit can be dangerous with it's choice of exercises and high reps on Oly Lifts.

4. CrossFit use of progressive overload is fucking shit with its WOD's.

In summary the principle idea is good but the execution needs work (though it is a great marketing/psychology point in getting certain people to train and train hard).

So you're all doing a metabolically conditioning workout for time, great.

Yet people hate on crossfit? Is it just because the above has a brand name?

confused.jpg
Is there something bothering you Sir, if so what is it?
Yet people hate on crossfit?
Is that a question, if so, what do you mean by it and who is it addressed to?
confused.jpg
I'm confused about your confusion!

Now, have you given the burpees a go?

Take care.

Fadi.

Is there something bothering you Sir, if so what is it? Is that a question, if so, what do you mean by it and who is it addressed to? I'm confused about your confusion!
I used to crossfit, and I think it's awesome if it fits your goals (it used to fit mine), those goals being well rounded fitness. It either amuses or confuses me that people hate crossfit, let love challenges like this one which is essentially the same thing. Crossfit is a challenge every day - be it burpees for time, or a mix of say powercleans and pullups. It's good fun to race other people. And it's even better when combined with a strength program. I combined it with Wendler 5-3-1 with great results, but now I'm following more sport specific programming (State Basketball).

Now, have you given the burpees a go?

Take care.

Fadi.

I've done it before when it was one of the crossfit WOD's, I'd have to check my journal for time - probably about 10ish.

Sorry if i took the thread off topic :p

I used to crossfit, and I think it's awesome if it fits your goals (it used to fit mine), those goals being well rounded fitness. It either amuses or confuses me that people hate crossfit, let love challenges like this one which is essentially the same thing. Crossfit is a challenge every day - be it burpees for time, or a mix of say powercleans and pullups. It's good fun to race other people. And it's even better when combined with a strength program. I combined it with Wendler 5-3-1 with great results, but now I'm following more sport specific programming (State Basketball).

I've done it before when it was one of the crossfit WOD's, I'd have to check my journal for time - probably about 10ish.

Sorry if i took the thread off topic :p

Okay thanks, I do appreciate your reply to me Wingman. I tell you, there's another killer that I really like and that is barbell complexes. Unfortunately not many people execute the Olympic lifts as they ought to be executed, which as you know could be an invitation to injury.

All power to you in your basketball, an awesome sport indeed! Have you tried volleyball? It's not that popular in Australia but it's also one hell of a sport!

Look after yourself Champ.

Fadi.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmuSgwCNSgE]Tabata burpees - YouTube[/ame]

^^ good form burpees

Hey Fadi,

I only stumbled apon this thread a few days ago and gave the 100 burpies challenge ago after work last night with a couple of mates. I managed to get the 100 in 8min 23sec's but it seems to be a pretty short time given the average times on this forum. Even though i felt like dieing after 60 !

This makes me question if i had good form or not ? I'll give it another crack tomorrow and see if the times compare.

Thanks for the challenge !!

I put a brazilian friend through this, the dude is SUPER FIT and SUPER STRONG for his size. He did 7:20ish and even repeated about 5-10 because I was on his case for not jumping high enough.

Hey Fadi,

I only stumbled apon this thread a few days ago and gave the 100 burpies challenge ago after work last night with a couple of mates. I managed to get the 100 in 8min 23sec's but it seems to be a pretty short time given the average times on this forum. Even though i felt like dieing after 60 !

This makes me question if i had good form or not ? I'll give it another crack tomorrow and see if the times compare.

Thanks for the challenge !!

Hello there,

For the form that I'm after, please refer back to the original post where the man is performing the burpees on the grass. I await for your next result numbers before I include you in with the other Champs on here.

Eight minutes is one hell of a time, but (say) the form was not quite on the money and you end up with (say) a 10 minutes/100 burpees, it would still be one mighty effort Champ.

Thank you for your kind words back at the introduction and please feel right at home here on Ausbb. Welcome.

Fadi.

Hello there,

For the form that I'm after, please refer back to the original post where the man is performing the burpees on the grass. I await for your next result numbers before I include you in with the other Champs on here.

Eight minutes is one hell of a time, but (say) the form was not quite on the money and you end up with (say) a 10 minutes/100 burpees, it would still be one mighty effort Champ.

Thank you for your kind words back at the introduction and please feel right at home here on Ausbb. Welcome.

Fadi.

Ok so went back and completed the burpies challenge again twice this time with a huge focus on my form through out,

once just before christmas with a time of 9min 43sec
and once again last night with a time of 9min 24sec.

Although this exercise completely zaps you of energy your left feeling really good afterwards, love it !

Cheers,
Shane

Didi my first ever Burpees yesterday...100 of them
Took me 19:20 but I was just happy to complete them, now i have something to beat!
Thanks to redog for pushing me the last little bit...(i wanted to give up at 71)

Took me 19:20 but I was just happy to complete them, now i have something to beat!
Thanks to redog for pushing me the last little bit...(i wanted to give up at 71)

It was all you mate well done !!

Ok so went back and completed the burpies challenge again twice this time with a huge focus on my form through out,

once just before christmas with a time of 9min 43sec
and once again last night with a time of 9min 24sec.

Although this exercise completely zaps you of energy your left feeling really good afterwards, love it !

Cheers,
Shane

Well done Shane. I've added you to the Cheetahs' list. Now what has really impressed me with you over all the things that you've done already, was the fact that you were actaully concerned about your form and felt the need to do something to rectify it. That to me Sir, is a sign of a Champion in the making.

Again, well done and all power to you my friend.

Take care now.

Fadi.

Well done on a mighty effort D1cko. I believe you have found a good friend in Shane. Wish you both greater things to come.

Fadi.

Decided to give this ago before and managed it in 10:38.08. And i learned a valuable lesson aswell, decided to do this behind my Pc desk on the carpet barefoot and drew blood from all the friction :(
Next time i will be wearing some sort of foot protection lol.

Hey fadi, anyone else

Trying to cut atm, weight isn't really dropping yet i have dropped food a bit. But i don't want to drop food any further as i don't want to go any lower.

Would adding 100 burpees in 3 times a week on my off days from 4 day gym assist much with fat loss? And try beat my time every session? 10 minutes wont seem like a lot of cardio..

Hey fadi, anyone else

Trying to cut atm, weight isn't really dropping yet i have dropped food a bit. But i don't want to drop food any further as i don't want to go any lower.

Would adding 100 burpees in 3 times a week on my off days from 4 day gym assist much with fat loss? And try beat my time every session? 10 minutes wont seem like a lot of cardio..

1. I would not drop my food to more than (say) a 200 calorie below maintenance.

2. There is no need to kill yourself to lose fat. The body loves to hang on to its homeostasis state, and it takes some coaxing to get it to budge. So bit of patience would go a very long way indeed to have you realise your goal weight.

3. I would say that 100 burpees 3x/week is a bit on the extreme side and would rather see you do HIIT + HFT to speed up your metabolism. Please take another look at this Let’s Lose Some Fat Mass… and try to not underestimate the active recovery (the other non high intensity section of exercise where you're aim to recover just enough for another all out 10 seconds effort).

4. Don't think "it's only 10 minutes" of which only 100 seconds are an all-out effort. But rather think of the cumulative effect this type/method of working out (HIIT+HFT) would have on your overall metabolism speed.

5. Think of it like putting money in the bank on a daily basis (few times a day), and what that would mean in (say) 4, 6, or 12 months time!

All the best.

Fadi.