• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
1. I would not drop my food to more than (say) a 200 calorie below maintenance.

2. There is no need to kill yourself to lose fat. The body loves to hang on to its homeostasis state, and it takes some coaxing to get it to budge. So bit of patience would go a very long way indeed to have you realise your goal weight.

3. I would say that 100 burpees 3x/week is a bit on the extreme side and would rather see you do HIIT + HFT to speed up your metabolism. Please take another look at this Let’s Lose Some Fat Mass… and try to not underestimate the active recovery (the other non high intensity section of exercise where you're aim to recover just enough for another all out 10 seconds effort).

4. Don't think "it's only 10 minutes" of which only 100 seconds are an all-out effort. But rather think of the cumulative effect this type/method of working out (HIIT+HFT) would have on your overall metabolism speed.

5. Think of it like putting money in the bank on a daily basis (few times a day), and what that would mean in (say) 4, 6, or 12 months time!

All the best.

Fadi.

Thanks Fadi.

I read it and i will do burpees for 10 seconds and then walk for 50 seconds. It seems a bit easy reading it but im sure after i do it, it wont be easy:)

I will up my food intake as well, 2 fried eggs oh yeah

Last edited:
Must say burpees are awsome to do.Never felt so wrecked trying to do the 100 burpees challenge.

Might have another go at it again.

I did another 100 today in sets of 10 with a 20m sprint after each set and posted a 16:55... Having almost a year off training I feel good with that time.
After 50 I was determined to give up but kept pushing so pretty happy to complete them.

I did another 100 today in sets of 10 with a 20m sprint after each set and posted a 16:55... Having almost a year off training I feel good with that time.
After 50 I was determined to give up but kept pushing so pretty happy to complete them.
I'm a little bit confused re the sprint Nev. Was that done when you were supposed to be recovering just enough to continue on or am I missing something here mate? Please enlighten me.

Thank you

Fadi.

I'm not really sure what I was thinking. I really just wanted to challenge myself this morning so added a 20m sprint immediate after 10 reps. Then recovered for as long as I felt like. Call it fooling around, or having fun. No real rhyme or reason :)

Once again I remember how much of a great workout these are! I've felt energised all day!

The_nev: mate i like the idea of that workout!
Might do that tomorrow in place of kb's to change it up a bit.
Ill aim for.16:55 :p but will be happy for sub 20!

Actually ill be happy to finish

Ha.

Nev, thank you for the reply mate. And mideon_696. your remark to Nev cracked me up, so thank you also mate. It's good to see you guys enjoying what everyone else considers to be a self inflicted torture from hell! :D

Take care gents.

Fadi.

The_nev: mate i like the idea of that workout!
Might do that tomorrow in place of kb's to change it up a bit.
Ill aim for.16:55 :p but will be happy for sub 20!

Actually ill be happy to finish

Ha.

Did you finish these? I'm interested to know how you got through them?

About a month ago when i dropped gym to do some HIIT for a corporate triathlon (which im never doing again) I did the 100 burpees challenge three times.

My times were 22mins30, 17mins45 and 16mins50. This either says to me that my cardio is well below where it used to be when i first did this challenge (reporting a time of 9min48) or the fact that this time around i was really strict with form and forced myself to recover before continuing with the burpees rather than doing them half-assed. Probably a mixture of both.

Not yet mate, dropped the conditioning til im over this cold.
Can barely recover from the workouts, let alone doing extra work.
Another week or so ill do it.

Adding in 20m sprints cause 100 burpees by them self are to easy ;p, Im getting our whole MMA class next week to complete this challange, without a doubt one of the toughest workouts possible for the amount of time it takes,

guys, question on how you work out your times....I noticed some of you mention 10 sets of 10 etc and some rest in between.
do you count your rest times?

plus, do you focus on proper form for your burpees or do you let that slide and get sloppy as you get tired? cos it all counts :)

when I was doing the 50 burpee challenge aeons ago, we had to calculate total time, including any pit stops for air that we took.

Just curious....I love burpees, thinking of doing the 100 burpee challenge for a bit of fun with my conditioning workouts.

no pit stops bro, rest as long as you want, but the time still goes on, I got in the five minute bracket through poor form, persistence and a love of burpees, the vid of my effort is in here somewere,

no pit stops bro, rest as long as you want, but the time still goes on, I got in the five minute bracket through poor form, persistence and a love of burpees, the vid of my effort is in here somewere,

Just saw the vid, sheesh man what are yah an energizer bunny? lol

Just completed my first 100 burpees this morning. 18m 40s

1st 10 in 50sec, first 50 in 8min and then the fight started. Just knocked them out in sets of 10 with 30-60sec rest between sets.

Damn, these bad boys wake you up. I think that's the most rewarding and challenging workout I've done to date. Will be stoked when I can do them within 10min....

Knocked out another 100 this morning in 18m 10s

Was hoping I cut my rest time right down and maybe shave a few minutes off, but my poor lungs would have none of that - I was gasping for air like a MoFo. Still, shaved 30sec off so better than nothing.

I can't recall being so wrecked from an exercise as when I do these. It wakes up the whole CNS, that's for sure!!!

You guys doing them in 10min and less must be fit as ever.