• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That's exactly what I was talking about though. There are other aspects to eating certain ways that are not addressed.. As previously stated most more meal advocates preach this to clients because usually they are fairly useless at sticking to anything and people don't really need to be hungry.

This is what I meant when I said you need to go deeper... Yes know fact from fiction but at the end of the day speeding
Metabolism or what ever rubbish has nothing to do with my meal timing...

So how does this compare to religion.

So how does this compare to religion.

Go study nutrition/dietetics and then you will see... The amount of conflicting and unanswered questions needing answers you can't comprehend. Learning one thing as fact then for it to replaced by the opposite.

No one knows what is best but we are all trying to figure it out...

Go study nutrition/dietetics and then you will see... The amount of conflicting and unanswered questions needing answers you can't comprehend. Learning one thing as fact then for it to replaced by the opposite.

No one knows what is best but we are all trying to figure it out...

Lol.

Again compared to religion with no evidence or answers only faith.

Your trying to say just because we don't totally understand everything about nutrition it's equivalent to religion. Lol. Our knowledge of nutrition updates as we get better information. Religion just says as faith. No evidence or studies or answers.

Not even close.

It taught me that the deeper you delve the harder it is to draw a a proper conclusion on something because you need to go the next step to say why.
I don't like the whole of humanities nutrition advice based on small studies from untrained people do a leg extension. Anecdotally there is enough evidence for the 6 as opposed to 3 , 1 , 0 , 150. If something works you do it if not move on, it's really that simple... I have tried if I did t like it, I got weaker, wasn't happy so no point me doing it. I'll continue to eat my 6 1000kcal meals because it works for me.

But that is one of the points being made. Meal frequency is a personal choice.

I think I've got a solution to the problem. When talking about meal frequency/timing the word 'works' should be changed for the word 'suits'.

I think the meal frequency thing changes a bit depending on who you are talking to and what their goals are ie. Christian requiring 6000cals a day is going to have an easier time doing that with six meals than with 3. Or someone who is wanting to gain weight and only required 3000cals a day to do so, they may find that 3 meals a day works for them (or 6x500cal meals).

I think the meal frequency thing changes a bit depending on who you are talking to and what their goals are ie. Christian requiring 6000cals a day is going to have an easier time doing that with six meals than with 3. Or someone who is wanting to gain weight and only required 3000cals a day to do so, they may find that 3 meals a day works for them (or 6x500cal meals).

Correct sir, problem is Chinese whispers... Soon forum people will be saying wtf your eating breakfast that shit eats yo muscles and makes you fat!

Yep so it digests for 25 hours. But there are only 24 hours in a day. So if you keep eating 250g of protein a day, eventually it would build up into a large amount of protein waiting to be digested. Eg, if you eat 250g protein a day for 100 days and only digest 240g a day, you would have 10g x 100 = 1kg of protein still waiting to be digested? That's what I was saying.

Going back to this. You were saying before that strength athletes need up to 3g protein per pound. Take a 200 pound guy, that's 300 grams of protein per day.

But if only 240 grams of protein is digested in a day, doesn't that mean that he doesn't need any more than 240 grams of protein per day?

Going back to this. You were saying before that strength athletes need up to 3g protein per pound. Take a 200 pound guy, that's 300 grams of protein per day.

But if only 240 grams of protein is digested in a day, doesn't that mean that he doesn't need any more than 240 grams of protein per day?
No, it is just simply putting a daily number on it to enable correct overall intake. Breaking things down onto a daily intake spectrum makes consuming what you need easier to track if you will.

Long term physical and hormonal production/progression are determined by long term macronutrient intake. The required Macronutrient intake to support that is then simply 'averaged' out on a per daily basis.

Make sense?

Hey MB, i thought i saw something about insulin in this thread, but i couldnt find it.
do you have any comments on IF and a having a big insulin spike for only a short period, and what effects that has on diabetes?

( was reading Intermittent fasting does not affect whole-body glucose, lipid, or protein metabolism)

Hi Ener, I saw this not to long a go and it is on insulin excretion and glucose levels on different meal frequencies over a course of a day etc in regards to your diabetes question. Elsevier

Overall you have better and more stable BGL and insulin sensitivity on less frequent meals.

More in-depth research is required but it seems all positive so far ;)

2wdnli1.jpg

Max, is it normal for some people to have to eat a lot more than others to gain weight?