• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I spent time with the Brumbies/junior brumbies at the AIS and we were told that if we were not hydrated we would not train simple as that.

Again for a normal everyday person yes you could prob get a large % of your water intake from food and other fluids.

But AGAIN iam not talking about normal ppl - for an athlete I would say that an avg water intake would be anywhere from 3 - 6L per day - this isnt forcing ur intake either.

When I was training during summertime at the AIS sometimes I would drink upto 8L of water per day.

Nowdays I drink anywhere from 3-6L of water per day and that keeps my body hydrated.

Its a personal thing I think and upto the person to drink as much water as they feel they need - but def for a normal person not to drink enough water as I said can lead to medical problems.

AGAIN I AM taking for athletes. Your struggling for a argument so your trying to twist my words. I am not saying athletes shouldn't drink water I am saying they don't need to force down extra water. Which could be dangerous. Drink if your thirsty. It's pretty simple. An athlete will drink more when they train because they get thirsty, no need to force it down if not thirsty.

Ok then we will have to agree to disagree - iam sorry but I have been around this for along time now I know what works and what doesnt.

Its stupid to say to anyone only drink when your thirsty. If your training is at this level then you should suggest X amount, if its at this level you should suggest this amount...its really that simple and has been used in bodybuilding and pretty much every single sport in the world for years n years n years.

Ok then we will have to agree to disagree - iam sorry but I have been around this for along time now I know what works and what doesnt.

Its stupid to say to anyone only drink when your thirsty. If your training is at this level then you should suggest X amount, if its at this level you should suggest this amount...its really that simple and has been used in bodybuilding and pretty much every single sport in the world for years n years n years.

You have been around this for a while?? Did i read you are 23?? I'm sorry if I'm totally off the mark here.

By the way your not disagreeing with me. Your disagreeing with the medical literature.

You have been around this for a while?? Did i read you are 23?? I'm sorry if I'm totally off the mark here.

By the way your not disagreeing with me. Your disagreeing with the medical literature.

Yea mate I have been training since I was 14, was at the AIS at 16, working in the industry since I was 17, opened my own gym at 21.

Last edited:
Yea mate I have been training since I was 15, was at the AIS at 16, working in the industry since I was 17, opened my own gym at 21.

So you have been at this for few years. Ok not what I would class as being around it for a long time. Congratulations on opening your own gym though, running a small business is never easy. Hope it continues to go well.

Just heard on the radio that the British medical journal released that there is no quality published evidence that an increased water intake is beneficial.

So just drink when your thirsty, no need to listen to the bro science and force yourself to drink massive amounts of water.

I read about that yesterday and thought this was interesting on smh: Eight glasses of water advice 'nonsense':

"Not only is there no scientific evidence that we need to drink that much, the recommendation could be harmful, both in precipitating potentially dangerous hyponatremia and exposure to pollutants."

So he claims that too much water can even be harmful. I used to try to force down water, but now I just drink when I'm thirsty. But even so, I usually drink 2-3L a day.

However, that study aside, is the advice of just listen to your body always best? What about for people who have no desire to drink any water during the day at all? For many fat people, who are always hungry, listening to their body telling them to eat all the time, is not the best idea for example...

I read about that yesterday and thought this was interesting on smh: Eight glasses of water advice 'nonsense':

"Not only is there no scientific evidence that we need to drink that much, the recommendation could be harmful, both in precipitating potentially dangerous hyponatremia and exposure to pollutants."
So he claims that too much water can even be harmful. I used to try to force down water, but now I just drink when I'm thirsty. But even so, I usually drink 2-3L a day.

However, that study aside, is the advice of just listen to your body always best? What about for people who have no desire to drink any water during the day at all? For many fat people, who are always hungry, listening to their body telling them to eat all the time, is not the best idea for example...

I know ppl who dont drink water for sometimes 2-3 days - not because they are thirsty or not they just dont drink anything.

I've got one of those caps that holds two bottles, I have a continuous feed of water, if 8cups is optimal, 80 has to be better.

I was peeing quite often, so now I have designed a recycling plant that fits into my undies, it's awesome, I felt the effects straight away.

No more trips to the tap or toilet, it's solar powered.

This forum is turning into abit of a joke really - I think it has a one set mind and it will never change.

Its sad to see but saying that there isnt really many ppl on this forum that bring anything to it apart from the old squat 3 times a week, drink ur milk do a deadlift blah blah....this shit does not get u anywhere in the lonnnnng run.

This forum is turning into abit of a joke really - I think it has a one set mind and it will never change.

Its sad to see but saying that there isnt really many ppl on this forum that bring anything to it apart from the old squat 3 times a week, drink ur milk do a deadlift blah blah....this shit does not get u anywhere in the lonnnnng run.

i can't really stand the whole squat to get biceps mentality either. Rippetoe huggers are the worse.

Last edited:

Shit. so now your saying squats deadlifts and milk get you nowhere????

Have you had a stroke.

If you train squats/deadlift/bench solely, there will be some major muscle imbalances. Thats where you base your program around those 3 or movements similar to it and add in accessory work (e.g. squat/rdl/leg ext/calves).

Agreed?

If you train squats/deadlift/bench solely, there will be some major muscle imbalances. Thats where you base your program around those 3 or movements similar to it and add in accessory work (e.g. squat/rdl/leg ext/calves).

Agreed?

Of course mate - 100%.

Everyone should do squats/deadlift and bench in there programs at some point through their training cycles.

In the long run no, you need more as an athlete than just fucking squats/deadlifts and milk.

It will get you a lot further than the bros at the gym doing curls and calf raises.

Before you try and twist around what I am saying again I'm not saying only do squats and deads but as the base of a program they are hard to beat.

Joel if what your doing works so much better than anything else why am i reading all the pro hormone cycles you have done? Surely you are so knowledgeable you haven't had to resort to that yet at 23.

the squat 3 times a week to get big biceps left months ago to another forum.

Ok, the ignorance astounds me, I'm no Markos disciple, I'm actually no ones disciple

Markos embraces all forms of exercise.
Markos - as with most of us believe that someone new to resistance "exercise" would be well served using the multi joint exercises to build a solid base, once arbitrary Numbers are met.

Last edited: