• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Saw this dude in the leg press, he was about 7' tall and uncomfortable to look at skinny, think he was a basketballer, or just dressed like one, not sure.
The way he was pressing was, he had his knees locked out, but both his legs hyperextended, so they looked like 2 very skinny bananas bowing the wrong way, alot.
Then somehow he'd unlock the knees, get the load 1/2 way down then back up to lock, but because his knees hyperexteded and were so long and skinny, they would bounce like a guitar string 3 times, we were cringing looking at it, I had to look away incase the both break.
On the 4rth bounce, his legs stopped and settled down, he would somehow get them straight, unlock knees and back down for another (1/2) rep.
He was doing 4 reps multiple sets like that.
It was like watching the move Saw, couldnt look but had to see, I'm still shocked they didnt both just snap in 1/2.

One guy walks in picks up the "big" dumbbells (roughly 8kg??) does 1 set of alternating DB curls, gives himself a sly flex in the mirror and walks out....

zysepu5u.jpg

^^The dumbbells in question on the left..

heh pretty standard hotel gym behaviour... last time I was in darwin saw a guy "run the rack" doing ohp with all of the 0-5kg neoprene dumbells and then check out his delts in the mirror like he was expecting them to explode

heh pretty standard hotel gym behaviour... last time I was in darwin saw a guy "run the rack" doing ohp with all of the 0-5kg neoprene dumbells and then check out his delts in the mirror like he was expecting them to explode

Ha ha yeah that's the sort of stuff... All I could do was laugh.....

sunday i saw a guy do 300 x 8 squats
tonight i saw a chick do 100 x 13 squats ( very close to depth)

its a commercial gym, but damm it has some strong. :)

Years ago I was working in a little town in Vic called Warragul.
This guy who I had seen a few time during the week at the gym comes in on a Friday night dressed up in his going out gear.
He jumps on the bench press does a few sets and does a few arm curls as well. All up about 5 mins in total then leaves.
I go home and head out to the local pub a few hours later.
And guess who I see. Mr chest and arms.

Saw a guy who I see regularly at the gym squatting 150 for 12, high bar, deep. Probably weighs somewhere around 80-85 kg. I was impressed.

Saw a group of young guys, probably early teens. I overheard the youngest talking about how he could only come to the gym once a week, so the best thing for him to do on that one day was dumbbell curls.

I heard a guy say to his mates.
"It's coming up to summer, we better get some stana coz it cuts you up".
:eek:

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto

Mr group fitness instructor was back again, "benching". Hops on, puts a couple of plates on each side, no warm ups and proceeds to struggle with some 1/8 ROM reps..

Mr Crossfit instructor guy, walking around with what i could only imagine was either imaginary watermelons under his arms or carrying imaginary suitcases.....

Yesterday I witnessed something great...

Rocked up to my normal commercial gym on a Sunday arvo thinking it would be empty as usual. Walk in and head to the rack for some benching. A lady in the rack next to me with her partner/trainer doing some 30-40kg front squats, after this they move to back squats where she worked up to 100kg x 5 or 6 reps and back down to 80 for reps and then 60kg by 12,12,20 all with excellent form. Was great to see and I hope she hasn't had to walk up any stairs today!

Yesterday I witnessed something great...

Rocked up to my normal commercial gym on a Sunday arvo thinking it would be empty as usual. Walk in and head to the rack for some benching. A lady in the rack next to me with her partner/trainer doing some 30-40kg front squats, after this they move to back squats where she worked up to 100kg x 5 or 6 reps and back down to 80 for reps and then 60kg by 12,12,20 all with excellent form. Was great to see and I hope she hasn't had to walk up any stairs today!

Very nice!

Today I saw one of the girls benching her bodyweight for reps.