• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I shit you not.

So, I am sitting there between sets, using the squat rack, when two kids come in and set up about half a meter away from me. The first "bro" starts to instruct an obvious newbie on how to deadlift. This is the setup. No, he is not just rolling the bar into position before setting up. This is the actual setup. In fact it is the setup AND the first half of the lift. He was adamant that this was the right setup to deadlift. I was tempted to sort it out but thought, not my business. Plus, you gonna stand in my way, in my squat rack while yelling at a potential back explosion, you can sort your own shit out.

Later I saw him using a hyper backwards to do weighted crunches. Bending back so head is almost pointing to the ground then back up to horizontal. I guess it was the opposite problem to the deads so maybe it all evens out. Or you get a disc pop on both sides of yer spine.

Also, since when is a weighted crunch weighted when the plate is sitting on yer navel.

Attachments

• IMG_0676.JPG
    IMG_0676.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 113
:eek: His arms and legs are hyperextending.

Saw a similar dude doing the leg press, he'd lockout every rep and his legs would bend inward and bounce before the next rep. I cringed, but it didn't seem to cause him any discomfort.

About 3 weeks ago I saw an Asian dude train his GF, both newbies by the look of them.
He got her set up on the pulley with a rope, thinking he'll get her to do triceps, but the he proceeded to show her a squat while holding the rope.
I couldn't figure out what that was for, is it some sort of exercise for abs?

Hahaha, I've seen plenty of chick 'squats' using pulley ropes over the past fortnight or so. Must be the in-thing, according in the latest issue of Women's Health magazine.

It has begun!!! ppl must be using their christmas memberships so many new ppl

saw the creepest guy at the gym. I sort of understand why some chicks go to female only gyms. This chick was doing some stretches in her own area. Sure guys are going to glance but there is a line. This weird guy in hoodie just fking staring. Looked like a rapist with his hood on. He then takes off his hoodie and does this smug grin at her while staring (guy wasn't jacked just normal fit guy)

farrk just say hello or something but just staring like that is weird as fk. half expected him to start beating off on a bosu ball wearing a elevation mask.

Last edited:
Wouldnt worry about it, its just [MENTION=15762]El Testicle[/MENTION] ; doing his normal routine

Lots of new faces at gym today, plenty of bad form...... Hope it doesn't last too long. Guessing end of month as a worst case scenario.

Same here, but the girlies and their wide eyed stares when we pick up anything heavier than a 30kg dumbell can stay.. along with their bad form all they want.

Um, what's the difference between hot pink gym pants and panties? And why are they classed as 'boypants' in the BigW catalogue. Nuff said.

This thread always brings the LOL's.

Nothing to add from me as I've been at PTC lately. Just lots of people lifting stupidly heavy shit haha. Back to commercial gym today and tomorrow so I'm sure I'll have a story to tell then :)

Not today and not what I saw.
Was last night and it was what I heard.
Was pumping my tris on the rope, when this skinny hairy dago, wearing kung foo shoes, walks up to me and in the middle of my set starts to mumble: "sets, sets, how much sets?"
I continued pumping while this kunce is still going in my ear: "sets, sets, how much sets?" Ignorant kunce, like I'm supposed stop right there and then and attend to his needs.
My mate walked around me from the other side and said to him: "$50 a set, but for you $60"
Dago - ":confused: Huh? :confused: how much sets you got left?" NFI dumb ignoramus doesnt even get sarcasm.
My Mate - "Do you mean how MANY set we have left?"
Dago - "how long, how long here?"
My Mate - "pppffff too much long here" fuken ignoramus actually understood that, missed the sarcasm alltogether and it made perfect sense to him.
I guess communication skills aren't that high on the agenda in caves.

luckily u didnt get kung foo-ed from the sound of it.you are one of those guys that hogs all the equipment.coulda let him work in.easy to adjust the stack.wheres ur manners?

Last edited: