• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Better complain to head office, that doesn't sound like Goodlife standard at all... they'll come down on their asses harder than a food inspector at a chinese takeaway

Got a 24 hour Goodlife card as there were limited opening hours over the long weekend. But only some Goodlifes are 24 hours at the moment. The gym I went to was the scummiest gym I've ever been to. Basin sinks cracked, ants everywhere, someone had shaved and didn't unplug the sink, broken toilet seats. Then the actual gym had old rusty bars, the dumbbells were all hacked up, collars were mangled, the weight racks were empty, all the equipment was loaded up and people had left their gym towels on the floor and left.

I thought my regular gym wasn't the best, but it was a 5 star hotel compared to this place.

Last Goodlife I looked at was a shit hole too. Sales dude didn't look like he lifted. Never trust a skinny chef.

Hey, I used to be a skinny chef!

vkJFn4V.gif

That squat pic makes me want to vomit.

Yesterday, an old member from back before I joined Masterpiece rocked up for our deadlift party, didn't actually deadlift (well, he did one novelty deadlift at 160kg), but did bench press 171kg. Not too shabby.

They should manufacture a leg press with a release lever that cannot be re-engaged until the carriage has done at least one complete traverse. The 2 inch-tonne leg presser is one of the many reasons I cant handle training at commercial gyms some of the fuckers don't even unload them after use.
I'm a partial leg presser. But I have fai so there is a reason. Have moved to single leg smooth squats as main leg exercise as the loading of plates takes longer than the exercise. Note only need 100kg or less. Much better :) and still can't get too much hip flexion which is a good thing.

Today's adventure back to a big commercial gym I used to go to regularly:

- Altitude training mask. Check
- Bosu ball squats. Check
- Med ball slams. Check

(This was one bloke using all three in some weird "Functional" exercise BTW...)

Some kunce rocks up yesterday, sets up on the leg extension, puts on a inzer lever belt, whips out the phone an proceed to sit there, not utilising the machine for about 5 minutes.

Then gets up, moves to the leg curl, repeats the above procedure.

Into the squat rack, loads up 100kg, sits on a bench and just stares at his phone, ocasionally glancing at the bar, gets up, walking around the gym like he's the most alpha fuck in there. unloads the bar.

Moves into the main part of the gym, grabs 15kg DB, proceeds to speed curl those fuckers for about 10 minutes, dropping them after EVERY set, scans the room to ensure that everyone is mirin (or in our case, planning his death) and the walks out like a boss.

I wanna be like him....

Reminds me of this video:

https://www.facebook.com/scottgoble.bb/videos/1048895685144774/?pnref=story

In regards to that 'guy' taking all the 20/25 plates for the better part of an hour for his crappy leg press, how about next time just go and get the plates off the machine while hes using it?

Had a non regular come into the gym and do the exact same with the leg press. Loaded it up until he couldn't fit anymore weight on, which meant there were no 20s for anyone else. Did a set of what looked like calf presses, then spent 20 minutes unloading the leg press. Followed it up with squats with an empty bar. His form was so bad he was up on his toes at the bottom, almost face planting.

Interesting chat with old mate Jetts PT yesterday. We are talking strength and hypertrophy and he believes that rep ranges don't matter you just have to burn the muscle out and that will force it to adapt which will then increase hypertrophy and strength (in regards to 1rm we were talking). I'm thinking "do you even Specific Adaptation to Imposed Demand (SAID) Principle bro?"

Today at Masterpiece, I met a new guy learning to squat and deadlift. Got him squatting safely very quickly after seeing him tip forward and lose tightness quite a bit at first. Plenty to work on with his technique, but saw some dramatic improvements right away. Deadlift showed even bigger improvements, as he initially had huge rounding; we got him setting up safe and tight, and maintaining that throughout his sets. It's always a pleasure to see such instant improvements with a little bit of communication.

When I first showed up today, one of the guys was squatting and ripped his shorts. That was entertaining. Then a trio of girls arrived and did almost GVT squats.

GVT = German Volume Training. They were doing something similar to that, but it was slightly more sets of slightly fewer reps.

Today I saw zombies, as we were all the walking dead due to heat exhaustion.