• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
On the positive side I had a guy come into my gym (total stranger) and he did a bench session where he did something like this:

100x5
140x5
180x1

Then he did some barbell stuff. 180kgs, no spotter and it went up easy as piss. Very unusual to see at my "health spa". Made everyone look.

Huge guy. Ripped in more of a power way than a bodybuilding way.

Had a guy ask us how long we would be in the squat rack , replied with a few more but you can jump in , na ill wait he said . so finished and called him over to watch him put on to much weight and get 2 reps out and get stuck on the 3rd and need my help to re rack the bar ! There was no warm up he was maybe 70kg had his brace on and had 70kg of plates and his form well you can imagine .

Had a guy ask us how long we would be in the squat rack , replied with a few more but you can jump in , na ill wait he said . so finished and called him over to watch him put on to much weight and get 2 reps out and get stuck on the 3rd and need my help to re rack the bar ! There was no warm up he was maybe 70kg had his brace on and had 70kg of plates and his form well you can imagine .

Hahah that's awesome. Young bloke??

We have a douche bag of a co-owner who has been busted today by a member selling gear to teenagers.. This really shits me to tears and no one is doing anything about it. I should punch the grease ball right in the throat

Theres a bloke at my gym comes in and does 1rm bench press probably 3-4 times a week loads the bar with 120kilo then proceeds hips come off the bench by about 12 inches then he completly fails about 50% of the time has the weight crushing his chest then rolls the bar down his torso, drops it on the ground unloads the weights re-racks the bar re-loads the weights then goes for another rep (which inevitablly fails again). Ive asked him if he wants a spot several time and he responds with 'nah i got this'.
Then this is usally followed by 1rm squats loads up 160+ kilo then sqauts about 4-6 inches wobbley as fuck knees buckling hips out of alignment major accident waiting to happen! have tried to offfer some advice and hes gotten very deffencive he 'likes to train this way' apparently.
Waiting for the day i can tell him i told you so!

middle aged guy with pot belly doing 12kg DB rows, groaning loudly (like he was being DP'ed), then casting the weight off when finished, actually throwing it 2m in front of him with a loud 'Oh'. Looks like he's confusing gyming with shotputting.

middle aged guy with pot belly doing 12kg DB rows, groaning loudly (like he was being DP'ed), then casting the weight off when finished, actually throwing it 2m in front of him with a loud 'Oh'. Looks like he's confusing gyming with shotputting.

I laughed out loud at that one

Hahah that's awesome. Young bloke??
Yeah mate only 20 ish , i think he was tryin to show off a bit as i was teaching my mate how to squat with light weight (40kg) to get his form right , on a good note put my advice into practice and got a PB of 120 for 6 reps and i was only there to show him :) funny how things work out .

Yeah mate only 20 ish , i think he was tryin to show off a bit as i was teaching my mate how to squat with light weight (40kg) to get his form right , on a good note put my advice into practice and got a PB of 120 for 6 reps and i was only there to show him :) funny how things work out .

Showing off has it perks :p

LOL'd at the denim shorts.

Wearing denim shorts like this is hot...

Wearing denim shorts like this is not...

I saw the return of one of the 4 or 5 girls I like down at my gym.

She's been away for months, and came back with new hair and dropped some fat.

Looking hot.

more like what i over heard
this huge guy looking at himself in the mirror , he ask this chick who am gathering is a friend whether he looks any smaller, she comments no you are looking pretty good since you gave up that funny stuff (funny stuff which i guessing code word for roids)

talk about a diva , looking at himself this way and that way, i am suprised he didn't ask whether they can alter the lights so that there isn't so much shadow

again she commented that he is looking good , with that it made him a happy chappy

more like what i over heard
this huge guy looking at himself in the mirror , he ask this chick who am gathering is a friend whether he looks any smaller, she comments no you are looking pretty good since you gave up that funny stuff (funny stuff which i guessing code word for roids)

talk about a diva , looking at himself this way and that way, i am suprised he didn't ask whether they can alter the lights so that there isn't so much shadow

again she commented that he is looking good , with that it made him a happy chappy

Gay:rolleyes:

I saw 2 skinny guys training shirtless near the DB rack.

I don't get it.

They appear to be Zyzz wannabes.

One is about 55 kgs

They don't even do the 3 big lifts.