• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
OK, Day 2 of said athletic guy showing his workmate a workout, starts off with 1/4 rep squats on the smith machine, followed but walking 1/2 lunges, then i lost interest so dont know what they did from then on, but it was one of the first times i have see him "train" legs

Saw some chick pull off all the weight of one side of the squat stands and make the other side come smashing down...

Ow wait that was my girlfriend... I now have a chip out of my 25kg plate and a big indent in my gym floor..

I dont have a great deal of time between sets, just enough time to walk to my bag write down the reps or exercises, have a sip or water or wipe the sweat away and then onto the next set or exercise, but thats enough to notice some of this stuff going on especially in agym with not many people.

Must say that I use to train the odd lunchtime in Sydney CBD and totally hate the guys who are working on the benches,finish a set stand up grab there phone and then text, Facebook talk for 5 mins then do another set. Do they come to the gym to train or work. Main reason why I stopped going during the day, too many knobs running around with phones attached to there heads. Rant over ! Thank you.

Saw some chick pull off all the weight of one side of the squat stands and make the other side come smashing down...

Ow wait that was my girlfriend... I now have a chip out of my 25kg plate and a big indent in my gym floor..

How much weight was on the one side of the stand for that to happen? One time I had just 65kg of plates on one side and the bar started to rise on the other side so I just managed to slam my hand on it to stop it from launching lol.

A positive one for a change..

Saw some new equipment that the new gym owners have bought. Also heard them talking about a new rack, lifting platform, bars and bumpers that they are getting.

Must say that I use to train the odd lunchtime in Sydney CBD and totally hate the guys who are working on the benches,finish a set stand up grab there phone and then text, Facebook talk for 5 mins then do another set. Do they come to the gym to train or work. Main reason why I stopped going during the day, too many knobs running around with phones attached to there heads. Rant over ! Thank you.

Not such an issue with bench but I find I need that kind of time to rest in between squat sets to ensure I can complete the next without struggling.

What's wrong with choosing to entertain yourself rather than just starting at nothing for five minutes?

Guy doing seated DB shoulder presses but when he brought the DB's down proceeded to bring his elbows together at the front (like you would on a pec-dec) then back and into another press (repeated over and over).

Today I saw a girl in a Fitness First shirt. She saw me in my TNMT shirt.

Her: "I like your shirt."
Me: "Thanks. I don't like yours."

Thus concludes another episode of Picking Up Chicks with Ryan.

Today I saw a girl in a Fitness First shirt. She saw me in my TNMT shirt.

Her: "I like your shirt."
Me: "Thanks. I don't like yours."

Thus concludes another episode of Picking Up Chicks with Ryan.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles t-shirt? :confused:

Me dead lifting 195kg:)

It's not much for some here, but it's a new PB for me:)

Also saw a snake in my gym this morning.....and that's not code for anything, an actual snake, it's under the house somewhere now:(

EDIT:

Grabbed some photos of it, don't think it was a poisonous one, the last one we had was a eastern brown, the second most venomous snake in the world, was too bust to try not to get bitten to get photos of that one...but this one did not seem to be to concerned by the snake deterrent that is still working, was around a meter long...the joys of country living.

Last edited:
Guy doing seated DB shoulder presses but when he brought the DB's down proceeded to bring his elbows together at the front (like you would on a pec-dec) then back and into another press (repeated over and over).

Are u sure they weren't Arnold presses young fella?