• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
mma: tore right hip flexor off bone. (MOST PAINFUL BY FAR!) Bruised fibia from foot going into it after checked kick.
random: ac joint, turned to bursitis and degenerative arthiritis
Lifting: QL strain: no squats or deads for a few months
groin tear: no squats for 3 months
tricep tear: no pressing for 2 months
thoracic disc bulge x2 discs
Bursitis in both hips: I beleve from volume of sumo deadlifts. (despite doing a LOT of mobility work)
left clavicle osteolysis: booked for surgery in Jan 2014

updated my list haha

osteolysis
ˌɒstɪˈɒlɪsɪs/
nounMEDICINE

[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• the pathological destruction or disappearance of bone tissue.

That doesn't sound too handy @jzpowahz ;, what's the cause?

yeah, it hurts a lot. Another name is "weightlifter's shoulder". Apparently just from a lot of use over time. I think I'm a bit unlucky with shoulders in general considering how piss weak my pressing actually is.

Tore my left rotor cuff about 18 months ago, attempting a comeback from 18 months off.

came back to gym about 5-6 weeks ago, rotor cuff still very weak, massive imbalance on left side, trap compensating all the time.

my left side muscles are firing and pumping, right side not as much.

working on a intensive program of ARP, chiro, and kinesiology to try and balance things out. Doing basic rehab work for Teres minor and major, infasprinatus etc whilst trying to relearn my movements without firing and engaging wrong muscles (mainly traps and lats)

mma: tore right hip flexor off bone. (MOST PAINFUL BY FAR!) Bruised fibia from foot going into it after checked kick.
random: right ac joint, turned to bursitis and degenerative arthiritis
Lifting: QL strain: no squats or deads for a few months.
Bursitis in both hips: I beleve from volume of sumo deadlifts. (despite doing a LOT of mobility work)
Left clavicle osteylysis
left femoral acetabulum impingement (with labrum tear)
SI Joint (deadlifting)

updated list

random: right ac joint, turned to bursitis and degenerative arthiritis
Lifting: QL strain: no squats or deads for a few months.
Left clavicle osteylysis
left femoral acetabulum impingement (with labrum tear)
SI Joint (deadlifting)

updated list
How? Why? Who?
I would've packed it in by now.

How? Why? Who?

Yeah I am flabbergasted by @jzpowahz; injury list. I too would've packed it in since I have a low tolerance for poor health/injury. My thoracic spine issue already made me wanna weep like a schoolgirl.

Broken collarbone
2 x boxers fractures
Chronic hamstring enthesopathy
2 x ruptured Achilles
Hairline fracture in coccyx
Chronic bicep tendinitis
Dislocated hip
2 x dislocated shoulder
Concussion
Lots of AC joint issues
Many, many sprains and minor muscle tears

Rugby
broken cheekbone
Acl
Dislocated elbow
Broken nose x 3
Broken collarbone - most painful by a mile
8/10 fingers

Judo
Broken wrist
Ankle ligaments

Wear and tear from rugby & judo over 20 years:
Two herniated & fragmented discs l5/s1.

How good is sport

Last edited:
Broken collarbone
2 x boxers fractures
Chronic hamstring enthesopathy
2 x ruptured Achilles
Hairline fracture in coccyx
Chronic bicep tendinitis
Dislocated hip
2 x dislocated shoulder
Concussion
Lots of AC joint issues
Many, many sprains and minor muscle tears

How'd you manage to dislocate your hip????

How? Why? Who?

FAI: apparently have had it for ages (from birth most likely) as I always had a bit of click in the left hip flexor whenever I went from flexion to extension (even body weight). Had some time off heavy squats because of the thoracic injury. Came back about 4-5 months ago and worked up to 180x1 and then 140x10 high bar. Last rep on the high bar squats I felt the hip flexor "click" when I was coming out of the hole. Immediate pain. They said it is tendinitus of the hip flexor also. If I want to squat again, I'll need the labrum cleaned up and if I want it permanently fixed they will need to shave down the bone on my pelvis as that as wella s the flat section on the femoral head are the reasons why they impinge.

SI Joint: Was working up to a new 1rm last week. All warm ups done as usual, no indication of tightness or anything. Got to 235 and it was much slower than in previous weeks so I thought I would do it again (instead of going up). And https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnqggNm7g0Q is the result.

Right scapula winged during OHP - 12 months and still no where near fully healed
Right knee - Taekwondo and hockey,
Left Knee - went down on a squat, caved in. Ligament damage, out for 10 weeks
Lower back - got thrown during training, landed odd, never been right since
Hairline fractures left fibula - 2012 state titles for taekwondo. First fight and finished me next 2, smart move..... 6 months to completely heal after re-cracking them 2 months after initial injury

Shit, I read th lists and think most of us qualify for a disabled parking sticker.

Here is my list, listed only the hospital worthy ones:

Broken R collar bone - bmx
Broken L fib - mx
Broken R tib & fib - mx
Broken R wrist - road bike
Broken 4 fingers - various motor bike accidents
Ruptured kidney - enduro
Torn L quad - leg press
And the latest, skinned L shin, back and L arm - body surfing on a hot road in Thailand
Plus a whole heap of injuries that didn't need hospital intervention

image.jpg

Fooked up my Back again. I think I need to up the volume and exercises. Fuck it sux!

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thought I would list the injuries I have ahd since i started training..

These are since I started a little over 2 years ago (could be why i never did anything physical before) :)

3 Months after I started thought i would try lunges Pulled a muscle, legs out of action for a bit.

6 months somehow doing Tricep pulldowns I tore a chest muscle, couldn't do chest for a month or so.

12 months Did my back, Deads and Squats were out for 6 weeks.

15 months Training at a different GYM, just started using dumbells for chest, could not drop them as it made a hell of a noise (wooden raised floor), I think they were 36kg's, last rep, to stop any noise i put them on my chest, but my arm must have given way and the edge hit me. Done some cartledge damge. Chest out of action for 6 weeks (still an issue to this day).

Currently, chronic tendonitis in my elbow, restricts very much what/Intensity/Weight I can do for a multitude of exercises.

and now a shoulder issue which does not appear to be getting any better.

apart from the physical, It's the mental drain of trying to not let it get you down i find the challenge.

List away :)

Are you still around Misslifty? bit of an old bird aren't you, still keen to see some pics of you please.